Author Topic: ICAN P9 & Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil RCT (Bushings)  (Read 1625 times)

mb2bike

ICAN P9 & Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil RCT (Bushings)
« on: July 27, 2021, 07:32:43 AM »
Hey guys, my ICAN P9 is ready for delivery and I'm starting to order parts for assembly.

I just bought the Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil RCT in 210x55mm and want to slacken the headangle a little but I'm not sure about what bushings I need.

Can anyone of you guys help me out and tell me what bushings I need for that combination?

BTW, here are some pics of the frame with the custom paint job:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:34:40 AM by mb2bike »

Icyseanfitz

Re: ICAN P9 & Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil RCT (Bushings)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 08:16:08 AM »
Frame looks amazing, love the paint scheme, recently finished my build and the shock bushings caused me a bit of trouble as everything I had read told me in needed 22x8mm top and bottom, this worked with the included (with Ican hardware) bushing spacers but I had a small it of lateral play.

I then bought 30mm x 8mm top and 25.4mm x 8mm bottom to install without the spacers and it's been perfect so far. I bought my bushings from https://www.offsetbushings.com/ with a 1 degree offset to slacken the bike a bit. Been riding it for around 3 weeks now and everything is going good. Best of luck with the build.

mb2bike

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 09:13:03 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply mate! Lovely. I guess I will tryout the bushings you recommended then  :)

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 12:02:45 PM »
This is my second time using this company for bushings,my last set where perfect and these feel the same, can't wait to see the finished build. What fork are you putting on?

mb2bike

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 10:34:15 AM »
Thinking about a 170mm Rockshox Lyrik in Boxxer Red or a Marzocchi Bomber Z1. Favoring the Lyrik though!

Already ordered the bushings. Looking forward to receiving them.

Sack87

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »
Thinking about a 170mm Rockshox Lyrik in Boxxer Red or a Marzocchi Bomber Z1. Favoring the Lyrik though!

Already ordered the bushings. Looking forward to receiving them.

I'm about to change my 160mm Lyrik to a 170 with another air shaft. I just need a little more travel out of this rig now.

Also planning on buying a set of offset head cups to slacken it out to 64.5

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 05:53:23 PM »
What offset headset you planning on using?

Sack87

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 06:46:39 PM »
What offset headset you planning on using?
Wolf tooth have one that will do -1°

endo.alley

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 10:08:08 PM »
Really? The Wolf Tooth will work with an integrated headset? That is great. Which model?

mb2bike

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 08:21:38 AM »
Can you please link that Headset Angle Set for IS42/IS52? I can't find it anywhere.

elgaucher

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 09:56:20 AM »
For IS the angleset that exist is the 9point8 and it’s only for is41/is52

https://www.9point8.ca/index.php?route=product/product&path=124&product_id=261

endo.alley

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
I spoke with Wolf Tooth Components. I asked about use of their Geoshift headset in an integrated headset head tube. This was the email resonse I recieved.

"Our GeoShift headsets are designed to replace the headset cups. The GeoShift is designed for frames that use replaceable bearing cups. Frames designed for integrated (IS) headsets do not have removable/replaceable bearing cups.  The (IS) frame uses a bearing surface that is machined into the frame or uses a permanent bearing surface that has been bonded to the frame. Unfortunately the GeoShift is not compatible with (IS) frames.

Let us know if we can help with anything else."

endo.alley

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 05:58:53 PM »
I just spoke with a salesperson from a company Called 9 point 8. They have a head tube slacking modification coming out in September that will slacken the head angle of an integrated headset with a 42mm top diameter. They said just be patient. It is a little different in that you use your integrated headset bearings in this insert. Could be a game changer for anybody with an older Chinese frame that wants to modernize it a bit.

mb2bike

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 02:31:21 AM »
Sounds awesome, I’ve also read that 9point8 is planning to do this, but September already is awesome!

Sack87

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 12:55:14 AM »
My bad guys, kinda glossed over the bit about integrated head sets.

On a side note, if you are putting a Marzocchi Bomber CR coil in this frame, you will want the 22.2 mounting kit as I have just fitted one to mine. I had planned on skimming these down to 22 but they just go straight in, 22 would have been too loose.