Author Topic: Ogevkin frame suggestion  (Read 3086 times)

GilardiRT

Ogevkin frame suggestion
« on: August 19, 2021, 01:22:32 PM »
Hello everyone, im thinking to buy a ogevkin disc frame, anyone knows this brand? It has same geometry as canyon ultimate frame.

€ 544,88  20%di SCONTO | OG-EVKIN CF-025 Telaio Da Strada In Carbonio Freno A Disco BB86 28C 12x10 0/12x142 Della Bicicletta Telaio In Carbonio Di2/meccanico Telaio Della Bici Della Strada Frameset
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vSFFps

I would build it with ent disc elite wheel and sensah empire 2x11 groupset, I still have to decide about the brakes, the chooses are between zrace and juin

If you have any suggestion write it down below, thanks :)

Sorry for my English, I'm from Italy

Nickk2000

Re: Ogevkin frame suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »
Hello everyone, im thinking to buy a ogevkin disc frame, anyone knows this brand? It has same geometry as canyon ultimate frame.

€ 544,88  20%di SCONTO | OG-EVKIN CF-025 Telaio Da Strada In Carbonio Freno A Disco BB86 28C 12x10 0/12x142 Della Bicicletta Telaio In Carbonio Di2/meccanico Telaio Della Bici Della Strada Frameset
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vSFFps

I would build it with ent disc elite wheel and sensah empire 2x11 groupset, I still have to decide about the brakes, the chooses are between zrace and juin

If you have any suggestion write it down below, thanks :)

Sorry for my English, I'm from Italy

that does look a lot like a canyon.

its pretty well known on this forum that if you have a frame from aliexpress or a frame from a reputable source, such as velobuild; and theyre the same price, you should go with velobuild. Better customer service, probably better quality, and a warranty thats somewhat reassuring. Plus, a vbr 168 is what, 570 plus shipping? so $700 total? pay the extra and know youre getting something better. just my two cents. I dont vouch for velobuild as i havent bought from them but a lot of people seem to like them. i love the look of the 177.

svanimpe

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 03:24:53 PM »
I have some OG EVKIN carbon parts (stem, handlebar, bottle cages) and the quality was generally very high. But yeah, their designs are clearly copied from big brands.

adriaanm

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 03:37:13 PM »
I've read only good things about og-evkin. I bought some handlebars by them, which were excellent quality. There are some  experience report with the cf-054 here (https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3226.0.html).

Schumo

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 04:57:17 PM »
+1 on OG-Evkin quality.

Only bad thing is that you're now paying taxes even if it's coming from a EU warehouse.  >:(

FHS

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 05:46:26 PM »
+1

Their handlebars are great. I think I'd give one of their frames a go if they had something I was interested in.

GilardiRT

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 12:55:29 AM »
+1 on OG-Evkin quality.

Only bad thing is that you're now paying taxes even if it's coming from a EU warehouse.  >:(
Are you sure about that? When you order from Spain/France you already pay vat.

Cause here in Italy taxes for carbon part arriving from China are nuts.
We must pay 22% vat plus 48.5% of antidumping calculated on the total

GilardiRT

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 12:56:30 AM »
that does look a lot like a canyon.

its pretty well known on this forum that if you have a frame from aliexpress or a frame from a reputable source, such as velobuild; and theyre the same price, you should go with velobuild. Better customer service, probably better quality, and a warranty thats somewhat reassuring. Plus, a vbr 168 is what, 570 plus shipping? so $700 total? pay the extra and know youre getting something better. just my two cents. I dont vouch for velobuild as i havent bought from them but a lot of people seem to like them. i love the look of the 177.

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know this brand :)

fattyrice

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 01:28:55 AM »
Popular carbon frame manufacturers from China include Yeoleo, Trifox, Winspace, OG-Evkin. These brands put their Logos on the bikes and stand by their warranties. You can also include Seraph (TanTan), as they have lately been selling frames with their logos. There are also companies like Carbonda, VeloBuild, LightCarbon, that produce open mold frames with warranties as well. Have a look around the forum and you will see various builds by different companies (as well as reviews and comments on customer service). I personally ordered from Carbonda (CFR 1056 due to the geometry and BSA BB) and I'm pretty happy with their communication.

GilardiRT

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 01:50:42 AM »
Popular carbon frame manufacturers from China include Yeoleo, Trifox, Winspace, OG-Evkin. These brands put their Logos on the bikes and stand by their warranties. You can also include Seraph (TanTan), as they have lately been selling frames with their logos. There are also companies like Carbonda, VeloBuild, LightCarbon, that produce open mold frames with warranties as well. Have a look around the forum and you will see various builds by different companies (as well as reviews and comments on customer service). I personally ordered from Carbonda (CFR 1056 due to the geometry and BSA BB) and I'm pretty happy with their communication.
I discarded yoleo and winspace for the price, too expensive
I really liked trifox x16 , but they don't produce zero offset seatpost, I don't think it's a smart choice

Of evkin is the one I prefer now cause have canyon ultimate geometry and Spanish warehouse

Also saw few seraph model (specialized tarmac copy basically), that frame could be a good choice too

jokage

jokage

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2021, 03:31:25 AM »
I still have to decide about the brakes, the chooses are between zrace and juin

Definitely Juin for me. Smoother and better modulation.

I am still waiting Trace Velo to review his Juin. He has replaced the ZRace with Juin in his recent videos.

GilardiRT

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2021, 04:10:18 AM »
Same mold as the VB R-066 I believe: http://www.velobuild.com/products/vb-r-066-ultra-light-road-racing-bike-frame-made-by-toray-t-800-carbon-fiber-120

You make me save 100€ compared to ogevkin one, thank you! And I do prefer it without logo

svanimpe

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2021, 03:30:10 PM »
@GilardiRT: Do compare the geometry charts first as these aren't the same mould. They may share some parts, but their stack and reach is quite different, enough so to consider them very different frames.

GilardiRT

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2021, 02:04:31 AM »
@GilardiRT: Do compare the geometry charts first as these aren't the same mould. They may share some parts, but their stack and reach is quite different, enough so to consider them very different frames.
I can't see what's that difference just looking at the charts, I mean, I can read the little differences in mm, but I don't understand what differences I would feel while pedaling, can you explain it to me? thanks