Author Topic: Ogevkin frame suggestion  (Read 3514 times)

svanimpe

Re: Ogevkin frame suggestion
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2021, 04:30:38 AM »
@GilardiRT: It's definitely worth reading up on frame geometry before buying a bike. For me, the whole point about building custom bikes is to get a bike that fits me and rides the way I want it to. A good starting point is to read up on stack and reach and how that affects your fit. The next step would be wheelbase, head tube angle, and seat tube angle.

What I did to get started is to compare the bikes I know to the bikes I'm interested in using https://geometrygeeks.bike

GilardiRT

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2021, 04:40:11 AM »
@GilardiRT: It's definitely worth reading up on frame geometry before buying a bike. For me, the whole point about building custom bikes is to get a bike that fits me and rides the way I want it to. A good starting point is to read up on stack and reach and how that affects your fit. The next step would be wheelbase, head tube angle, and seat tube angle.

What I did to get started is to compare the bikes I know to the bikes I'm interested in using https://geometrygeeks.bike
i can even compare the geometries, but I can't tell the difference I would feel on the frames

Nickk2000

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »
I discarded yoleo and winspace for the price, too expensive
I really liked trifox x16 , but they don't produce zero offset seatpost, I don't think it's a smart choice

Of evkin is the one I prefer now cause have canyon ultimate geometry and Spanish warehouse

Also saw few seraph model (specialized tarmac copy basically), that frame could be a good choice too

A few people here have had issues with tantan, while may be few, they have had issues with ghosting and lack of communication.

Plus, they sell a lot of frames other people sell and the other guys are cheaper. Their x21 i think is the same frame as rhe dengfu r12, its about $50 more. Only difference is where you get it from and customer service.

markchia

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 10:31:25 PM »
Thought I'd add a few comments on the CF-052 frame and other OG-Evkin parts since I recently ordered pretty much all the main parts of my build from them.

- The hex screw for the Front D mounting plate is really poor, mine rounded the first time I tried to tighten it. And they only gave spares for the Rear D hanger but not the Front D.

- The Sm-004 Stem arrived with a stripped thread on one of the handlebar clamp screw holes, so I couldn't tighten it. This is the 2nd carbon stem I've ordered from Aliexpress and the first one had the same problem. I'm probably going to stick to Alu from now for Ali Stems. In any case, they were pretty quick to refund me for that.

- One of the Battle C45 rims has a very tiny chip on the brake track, around 2mm long and 0.7mm deep. The cosmetic aspect doesn't really bother me but I'm just afraid it'll cause problems later on. What do you guys think?

GilardiRT

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2021, 01:35:48 AM »
Thought I'd add a few comments on the CF-052 frame and other OG-Evkin parts since I recently ordered pretty much all the main parts of my build from them.

- The hex screw for the Front D mounting plate is really poor, mine rounded the first time I tried to tighten it. And they only gave spares for the Rear D hanger but not the Front D.

- The Sm-004 Stem arrived with a stripped thread on one of the handlebar clamp screw holes, so I couldn't tighten it. This is the 2nd carbon stem I've ordered from Aliexpress and the first one had the same problem. I'm probably going to stick to Alu from now for Ali Stems. In any case, they were pretty quick to refund me for that.

- One of the Battle C45 rims has a very tiny chip on the brake track, around 2mm long and 0.7mm deep. The cosmetic aspect doesn't really bother me but I'm just afraid it'll cause problems later on. What do you guys think?
After some researches I bought velobuild 168 frame instead ogevkin one :)