Author Topic: Question about cable routing on a VeloBuild 068 frame  (Read 443 times)

dpitel

Question about cable routing on a VeloBuild 068 frame
« on: August 19, 2021, 11:50:53 PM »
Hey guy, so I finally got my frame from Chris at VeloBuild- just picked it up from my parents' house where it got delivered- I'm going to be putting it together tomorrow and am just wondering about the routing. I haven't looked into the routing TOO much just yet- literally just unpacked it and am going to bed soon, but it looks like the cable for the RD goes from the ferrule on the downtube all the way to the chain-stay exit port. I noticed there's a cover under the bottom bracket with what looks like a 3mm bolt holding it on, so maybe that will shed some light, but if it doesn't, it seems like it would be necessary to route the cable with the housing through the frame, otherwise I feel like the shifting might be trash if you have just the inner cable running the length of the whole frame without any cable-stops.

I emailed Chris twenty minutes ago but seeing as I'm trying to build this tomorrow- I pulled the groupo off my other bike and need this to built ASAP lol, I figured I'd ask you folks as well.

I'll post build pics once I get everything up and running and hopefully weights, too- too bad I left my scale at my folks' house lol. I'll be using a mixture of Dura-Ace and Ultegra for the build and running ICAN 38mm deep wheels. Can't wait to start building this thing. I won't mind using full length housing for the rear mech, but I'm not sure if the housing that came with my Dura-Ace shifters will be long enough- I had a long day today and didn't have much time to play with anything bike-related.

BTW, the frame is a rim brake 068 in case you missed it in the title- thanks for any help!