Author Topic: Integrated Handlebar  (Read 8304 times)

ultreia

Integrated Handlebar
« on: August 20, 2021, 02:27:43 AM »
Hello, I am looking for a new integrated handlebar.

I would like to have a good and light integrated handlebar with internal routing. Also if it is not too expensive, it will be the best!

I have some options The One (any of you know a reliable place to buy and the real factory name?) and Farsports F1 (https://www.farsports.com/products/f1-handlebar-98)

Also I found this one at Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001818231469.html . It is not so cheap like the bad copies and it is a copy of Deda Alanera DCR, a really good copy. I love this handlebar but I don´t like the copies... Most of the time they are really bad built.

Do you have any other options? Opinions on this handlebars?

tcross

Re: Integrated Handlebar
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 07:00:12 AM »
I have the F1. It is great. Only issue is that its OD2 sizing so you need to use a spacer for the normal fork tube. Only downside.

Nickk2000

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 10:47:11 AM »
fwiw the one doesnt have full internal routing, its design is a little bit of a mystery.

ultreia

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 02:56:30 PM »
fwiw the one doesnt have full internal routing, its design is a little bit of a mystery.

Yes, you are right! I think that I should remove from the list. Really I only trust Farsports F1 at this moment...

svanimpe

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 03:22:49 PM »
IIRC, this is "the one": https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-road-integrated-carbon-fiber-handlebar-international-cable-routing_p115.html
I've owned a different handlebar (HBR07) from Light Carbon and it was very high quality.

ultreia

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »
HBR07 looks very good and compatible with https://www.bicycle.engineering/products/ich. The cable routing is in front of the fork tube.

The cable routing I would like to achieve is:

ultreia

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 02:20:07 AM »
After checking with frame brand, they told me that I could use the Token Cable Box also as reference, it means. ACR will work with the ICH system but it looks weird (ACR stems are larger than spacers I already have at ICH) and Token Cable Box is much more similar to ICH.

FHS

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 08:43:56 AM »
After checking with frame brand, they told me that I could use the Token Cable Box also as reference, it means. ACR will work with the ICH system but it looks weird (ACR stems are larger than spacers I already have at ICH) and Token Cable Box is much more similar to ICH.

Are you thinking about going with the entire Handlebar/Stem/Headset set-up for the Token Box?

I went back and forth with those guys for over a month. I wanted to just try to see if I could get the headset to work with everything that came with my frame, they said it wouldn't work, and basically would not sell me just their headset. Fine I said, I'll put in and order for the entire set-up, told them which compatible handlebar and stem I wanted to go with, but they never got back to me about how I was actually supposed to purchase it.

Maybe if I had chose their $600 handlebars...

ultreia

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 09:39:04 AM »
To who you asked? Token?

I talked with ARC8 designers. The thing is the next.

This is how it looks now:

This is a Token stem with spacers and token box system:

This is the F1:

It looks like they almost could fit. The Token Box is an example of a handlebar stem that could fit my system. The problem is that an integrated handlebar could look very ugly if you don´t fit the spacers well.

Also LightCarbon HBR07 could fit: https://www.lightcarbon.com/carbon-road-integrated-aero-handlebar_p21.html
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:41:54 AM by ultreia »

Nickk2000

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »
You cant go wrong with the f1, but its $300-$400. You can probably buy one from lightcarbon lightbicycle etc etc for $100-$150 and get good enough quality.

Those who own the f1, hows the flex on it? Watch oz cycles yoeleo bar flex for comparison, my r12 flexes at about that as his yoeleo bars but the flex could be from the steerer tube for all i know. Id hope for $300-$400 youd be able to throw it off a building and itd just laugh at the concrete.

FHS

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2021, 10:31:53 AM »
I can't remember who exactly I emailed. I filled out their contact form on their website and somebody responded, then referred me to one of their service/tech/sales guys. Communication was terrible once it went to the service/tech/sales.

The Cable Box system is designed to run the cables and brake lines through the handlebars and through a hole in the back, then through the stem, then down the front of the steerer and into the head tube, just like the FSA ACR system. Their super expensive integrated handlebars is basically hollow through the bars and stem. Their separated handlebar/stem combos come in different flavors of alloy and carbon fiber, but they all work the same way. Some of the Chinese manufactures like ICAN used to ship frames with the ACR FSA system. I'm sure they would work with the Token, but there wouldn't be a reason to move away from the FSA ACR in the first place.

I think the system will work with the generic Chinese integrated handlebars. The magic is in that sweet compression ring that separates the cables and brake lines. The only question would be if there is enough space down the from of the Chinese stems for the lines and cables to separate. I seriously doubt the Token Spacers would work with a generic Chinese integrated handlebar and headset cover. That was the issue. The point being, Token didn't even give me a chance to try the headset bearings and compression ring with the Chinese headset cover and spacers.

FSA, on the other hand, was super helpful. I'm running an FSA ACR headset with my generic Chinese handlebars/spacers/Headset cover. Works great.

ultreia

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2021, 04:38:16 PM »
Don´t understand me wrong. My problem is not related with the headset itself but with the spacers + handlebar look. I mean, does it almost match the spacers?

As you can see in the pictures, Token Cable Box spacers are much more similar to my system than the FSA ACR. Basically all three systems ARC8 ICH, FSA ACR and Token Cable Box are the same (cables in front fork tube) but the thing is the spacers. FSA ACR is wider than Token Cable Box spacers, so it won´t look nice. This is the only problem, the looking.

This is the stem I have, so the integrated handlebar must be almost the same sizes like this... almost:

I don´t want to go for Token Cabel Box even more after knowing that they copied the desing from ICH...

If you see the lightcarbon HBR07 looks pretty similar but without real sizes, who knows. I will ask them:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 04:40:10 PM by ultreia »

jever98

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 02:56:32 AM »
@ultreia - sorry to take this a slightly different direction: do you have recommendations for decent stems that allow for integrated cabling? The FSA ACR and Deda stems seem mega heavy. The ARC8 stem I couldn't find data on, nor for sale. I like the idea of having a separate stem and bar for travel, adjustability, and repairs, but little sense of stem options at the moment.

Thanks!

ultreia

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 04:00:23 AM »
@ultreia - sorry to take this a slightly different direction: do you have recommendations for decent stems that allow for integrated cabling? The FSA ACR and Deda stems seem mega heavy. The ARC8 stem I couldn't find data on, nor for sale. I like the idea of having a separate stem and bar for travel, adjustability, and repairs, but little sense of stem options at the moment.

Thanks!

The thing is that ACR8 stem + handlebar is a very good solution. In my case I need a new stem 110, I have the 100 size and it weights 127g with clamps and bolts. I think it is not so heavy but also no light. I would say that changing the bolts, you could get a better weight (using Ti bolts... but I didn´t try). The solution is "perfect" you could use wathever handlebar you want and the stem will work with it.

For total internal you need an ACR handlebar (holes is bigger and you could have hydraulic hoses + other cables, example FSA ACR handlebars), for di2 internal only PRO handlebars with small hole for DI2 cable.

See how it looks with a normal handlebar without holes, pretty clean!

jever98

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2021, 04:17:37 AM »
That's a lovely solution, because it looks like you can take the handlebar off for travel, say in an EVOC bag.

Do you know if the ARC8 stem can be bought anywhere?