Author Topic: Integrated Handlebar  (Read 8329 times)

Txapa80

Re: Integrated Handlebar
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2022, 07:00:49 AM »
Hello everyone, I thought it could of your interest that lightcarbon has a stem that can be used with any handlebar and it is designed to be used with hidden cables frames.

I choose that stem when I purchased my frame from lightcarbon because I prefer the adjustability of separate stem and handlebars. I had several problems to route the cables inside of my frame due the small room available on the top spacer of the steerer but after a bit of a trim all run smooth now.

When I bought my frame the seller (very responsive and helpful) told me that in case that the stem that came with the frame wouldn't fit they sell the stems a part even if there is not shown on their web.

I posted in a thread about the gf002 explaining my problems and there you can see how it looks once the built is finished. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3499.0.html

I hope you will find it useful

carbonazza

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2022, 09:52:02 AM »
Has anyone found other stem options? The frame I'm looking at uses 1.5 to 1.5 ACR headset and I would like to use the Carbonda CGB01 handlebar fully integrated. It will be built with AXS so just needs to carry the brake lines.
http://www.carbonda.com/accessory/handlebar/123.html

I'm looking at the same combo, I have already the CGB01 handlebars for two gravel, and look for stem options.
For the moment, I checked only FSA's offer.

Nickk2000

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2022, 10:31:44 AM »
isnt the fsa acr system with the cables in the stem? which then go in the steerer tube?

carbonazza

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2022, 10:17:06 PM »
isnt the fsa acr system with the cables in the stem? which then go in the steerer tube?
That is what I understand yes.
With the top headset being 1.5 instead of 1.125

Anybody knows other stem options than FSA or lightcarbon ?

StiffWeenies

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2022, 12:29:20 AM »
There is a new successor to The One from Pro Cycling System called The One Pro.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 12:31:29 AM by StiffWeenies »

Irideslowly

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2022, 05:20:38 AM »
 How about the Deda Superbox!

That is what I understand yes.
With the top headset being 1.5 instead of 1.125

Anybody knows other stem options than FSA or lightcarbon ?

Irideslowly

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2022, 05:22:51 AM »
VĂ©lo build also offer their stem for +/- 60$ if you message them.
http://www.velobuildmall.com/products/2021-new-carbon-handlebar-with-separate-stem

Irideslowly

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2022, 05:28:20 AM »
The hole in the habdlebars to route the cable is tiny. If you are planning on running mechanical, it might cause headaches.

There is a new successor to The One from Pro Cycling System called The One Pro.

RDY

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2022, 07:00:00 AM »
So has anyone tried the ICH stem on their 099 or 168?

Also is there any way of attaching a computer mount to it? Arc8 only sell bikes with the ICH stem, but also sell a computer mount ... I don't see how it would attach though.

Irideslowly

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2022, 08:29:02 AM »

RDY

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2022, 10:37:14 AM »
Here is the stem

https://www.arc8bicycles.ch/shop/parts/arc8-ich-stem

The gallery wasn't working for me before. It is now from my phone.  I guess there are mounting points on the bottom for an out front mount. 

Question still stands though ... Has anyone done it with the 099 or 168?  I guess ACR headset and the Arc8 spacer stack would be the way to go.  It's pretty light and the 70mm and 80mm attract me.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2022, 11:20:36 AM »
I've always liked the look of these "flattened" stems. Not many brands seem to do it, only Basso and Look come to my mind
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:26:27 AM by StiffWeenies »

StiffWeenies

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2022, 08:04:03 AM »
We have new drops from ProCyclingSystem!

The One carbon handlebar, The One carbon stem, The One alloy stem, and The One plastic bottle cage. Now all they need to release are a seatpost and saddle. Maybe a carbon bottle cage too while they're at it.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 08:22:28 AM by StiffWeenies »

RDY

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2022, 04:55:44 AM »
Those carbon stems look almost identical to the OG Evkin ones, but with a different front plate.  Also appear to be heavier.

The carbon bar .... why super short reach if you're going to give it conventional 125drop in all sizes.  Makes no sense.  Also it's very heavy.

Alu stems and bottle cages nothing special.  None of the stems are integrated.

svanimpe

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2022, 04:12:46 PM »
Where can you buy these?

I for one welcome short reach bars. I'm in the long legs/short upper body category, so pretty much all frames have too much reach for me. I'd need an XL for stack but XS for reach, so I can use a normal sized stem, and not end up wit weird handling.