Author Topic: Ztto Mechanical Hydraulic disc caliper  (Read 2298 times)

jcr

Ztto Mechanical Hydraulic disc caliper
« on: September 06, 2021, 02:51:24 PM »
It looks like Ztto has a new mechanical hydraulic disc. Looks different from the old ones and not the same as the ZRace ones.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003103122796.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.6.6d13129bQHmphd
Looks like a new design and new pads.

Anyone have tried these or feedback on them?

Jnewman

Re: Ztto Mechanical Hydraulic disc caliper
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 04:06:24 AM »
I've ordered them, delivered very quickly. Just waiting for my wheels to turn up to try them out on my new velobuild frame.

jcr

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »
Cool let us know how well it works. What cable housing are you going to run with it.

Jnewman

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 11:15:34 AM »
Cool let us know how well it works. What cable housing are you going to run with it.

Not sure just yet, will let you know once built :)

Aesch

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 01:53:12 AM »
Make sure to use compression free housing.

Jnewman

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 10:13:05 AM »

Had my bike built up by a lbs the other day and he was very impressed with the build quality of them. Just waiting for my wheels to arrive and then i'll let you know if they make you stop or not :P

kbike

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 02:25:55 PM »
I've ordered week or two ago to try these out.  I've had a pair of cable hydraulics 3-4 years ago that were a pain in every way. Wasnt to excited on the price of juin tech gt-f if I hated them. Been riding on Shimano 785 calipers and 685 shifters.  I have 805 as well if these ztto suck.  I'm pretty light 64kg and ride where I don't need heavy braking. So be nice if I can manage with lighter cheaper cable shifters.

Jnewman

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 02:03:10 PM »
All good to begin with, had my first ride last weekend and they’re on a similar level to my TRP Spyres on my gravel bike. Won’t win any awards but bring me to a stop swiftly. Feel nice once pads/rotors are bedded in. Ztto sold them with 2x 140mm rotors but I’ve just changed to front to a 160mm so will need to bed in again. All good so far though, seems well built! Built in other Jagwire compressionless

carbonazza

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 07:28:19 AM »
... I’ve just changed to front to a 160mm...Jagwire compressionless...

I've installed them on two bikes recently.
Didn't you find the top screw of the 160mm front mount being quite hard to tighten without touching the caliper with the key?
With the Jagwire compressionless hose, it is not as easy as hydro, but the braking is surprisingly good.

Jnewman

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 04:09:25 PM »
I've installed them on two bikes recently.
Didn't you find the top screw of the 160mm front mount being quite hard to tighten without touching the caliper with the key?
With the Jagwire compressionless hose, it is not as easy as hydro, but the braking is surprisingly good.
Yes! Seems like a bit of a design flaw although managed it with a long Alan key.

jokage

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 05:23:11 AM »
Trace Velo did some comparisons of his calipers