Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Magene P325 CS - First Impressions

<< < (2/2)

Nicoloc:
Hello
Do you have any feedback on P325C reliability ?
Are you still happy with it ?
Nicoloc

theirishrider:
I’ve been using the dual sided version for 2 years ish now. Works very well. 10/10

1Sigma:

--- Quote from: Nicoloc on September 21, 2022, 12:23:16 AM ---Hello
Do you have any feedback on P325C reliability ?
Are you still happy with it ?
Nicoloc

--- End quote ---

So, first off a couple disclaimers:
1) I may be selling Magene stuff in the future which may bias me. I'll try to be as impartial as possible
2) this is my first power meter, so I have no prior experience to draw from
That being said...

Accuracy: I find the accuracy to be good, at least to itself. Meaning efforts of similar strain always produce consistent numbers.  Similar efforts between me and riders with similar profiles yield similar wattage.
It tends to be about 5% different than my Turbo trainer power.  Can't isolate the offender. It could just be because the power is being measured from 2 different spots (crank vs the trainer) and the differences are just transmission losses.
The P325CS is very sensitive. Meaning it picks up EVERYTHING. This is very apparent on poor roads. Of freewheeling and you got a bump, itll pick it up. Micro adjustments to keep a steady cadence on rough roads? It'll pick it up.  Heavier on one foot? It'll pick it up.
One one hand greater fidelity is a good thing.  On the other, unless you are on smooth roads, your 3! Second power will still jump around a lot.
If I were to be very critical, I would still have to say they are accurate enough to train with
The only way to check accuracy for sure would be for me to get a pair of Assiomas as well

Chainrings: I hear the earlier chainrings were flexy under power. I can't confirm, as I swapped them out for 1x.
The mounting system LOOKS like a SRAM 8-bolt AXS Mount, but it isn't. One of the splines/bumps of the SRAM AXS system is smaller than the rest, while they are all the same size for Magene.  Swapping rings requires : 1) being handy with a round file, 2) making sure the new rings don't obstruct the charging ports.
Passquest does make Magene compatible rings now, but only for 1X. They might be other manufacturers doing this too. Not sure.

Charging/Battery life: charging is done using magnetic connectors - one for each crank. Super easy, would be nice if one of the connectors were reversed. Easy to display, harder to explain, but for the connectors to fit, one need to be upside down (due to the opposite directions of the cranks). By no means a deal breaker.
I have 5,200km on my 168, and o have charged the cranks maybe 10 times? And that was just out of habit.  I've never run them dry, nor have I ever seen them low on battery.

Thats about it!  They have served me well, and have been totally hassle free so far.
Let me know if this helps!

zosim:
Is anyone having any issues with a small cracking/pinging noise periodically with the 352 CS? I've had an R8000 based PM from Magene for a number of years so when I wanted to move that to a new bike, I bought the 325CS from them. Fitted as usual, greased where needed etc but I get this odd sound. I'd guess it's related to the chainrings as I've seen some comments online. Wondered if anyone else had the same issue?

It may be another symptom of the same problem but given the narrowness of the chainrings, big ring on the crankset to the smallest cog sounds a little like it's cross chaining. I was thinking of  sourcing a couple of 1mm spacers and seeing whether that sorted it. Again, anyone had the same thing?

On the plus side, the power isn't a million miles away from my vector 3 pedals. Good enough for the gravel bike at least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version