Author Topic: TopCarbon TCGF066 gravel frame  (Read 13228 times)

mila

TopCarbon TCGF066 gravel frame
« on: September 24, 2021, 02:58:45 PM »
Hey all,

I have not find any information on TopCarbon TCGF066 gravel frame nor TopCarbon Technology company.
Links:
https://www.topcarbontech.com/product/tcgf066/
https://topcarbontech.en.alibaba.com/product/1600178396500-824172682/2021_New_High_Quality_Carbon_Fiber_Bike_Frame_Gravel_With_Flat_Mount_Disc_Brake.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.13.2c3b4792tRNHDv

The geometry looks spot on and only down side for me is that it has only BB86. So I'm considering a purchase.
Does anybody have any experience with this frame, e.g. build quality?
It looks like the frame can be purchased only on Alibaba.
Does anybody have any experience with buying from TopCarbon on Alibaba?

Source: TopCarbon

RDY

Re: TopCarbon TCGF066 gravel frame
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 02:43:07 PM »
Why not just state that you're a rep of TopCarbon and offer to field questions about your company's products.  Nobody is going to believe the post you made is legitimate interest from a third party.  This just makes your company look dodgy and desperate.  Which is a shame as a couple of the road frames actually look interesting.

mila

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 09:28:50 AM »
Hi,

simply because I'm not (BTW I'm from Czech Republic). I didn't find any relevant information about this frame/company, so I thought there would be someone with experience with them.
I'm new to the forum so I have no experience with buying Chinese stuff. After reading several articles on the forum, I discovered two facts:
1) It is good to buy frame from a trusted seller like Hongfu, Carbonda, Winspace,..
2) All frames are manufactured by a few manufacturers and then resold under various brands.

But back to the topic.
The only information about manufacturer I have found is here: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3316.0.html
To me it looks like the Lexon RIOT frame is made by TopCarbon. But maybe I'm wrong.
Unfortunately, I did not find the frame I'm looking for in offer of Lexon or other brands.

So I will be happy for any advice on where to find relevant information.

RDY

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 05:50:14 AM »
Happy to be wrong if so, but your format was identical to a bunch of the other 'marketing' attempts. Particularly the "source: topcarbon"

Zdrenka89

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 07:59:19 AM »
I have to say. This looks very close to a Scott Addict Gravel geometry wise. I like it.
Its refreshing to see a chinese gravel racing bike instead of focusing on adventure.

Let me know if you order one Mila.

EDIT: Found the picture built up. Looks like a CX build.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:21:56 AM by Zdrenka89 »

Cth

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 11:41:34 PM »
Mila, Did you find any further information about this frame or about the manufacturer? I am interested too. The frame design looks really good and appears to have similar “progressive” geometry as BMC’s URS gravel bike (long reach and 70 degree head tube). The BMC has many good reviews for its geometry and I would think this frame would handle similarly to that.

From what I can tell, Topcarbon seems like a real manufacturer, as they do not appear to just be reselling open mold products…but it is odd there is almost no information about them online, such as reviews. Maybe they are manufacturing for name brand companies and don’t sell much under their own name? Or maybe just haven’t become established yet?

Hey all,

I have not find any information on TopCarbon TCGF066 gravel frame nor TopCarbon Technology company.
Links:
https://www.topcarbontech.com/product/tcgf066/
https://topcarbontech.en.alibaba.com/product/1600178396500-824172682/2021_New_High_Quality_Carbon_Fiber_Bike_Frame_Gravel_With_Flat_Mount_Disc_Brake.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.13.2c3b4792tRNHDv

The geometry looks spot on and only down side for me is that it has only BB86. So I'm considering a purchase.
Does anybody have any experience with this frame, e.g. build quality?
It looks like the frame can be purchased only on Alibaba.
Does anybody have any experience with buying from TopCarbon on Alibaba?

Source: TopCarbon

Zdrenka89

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 02:28:30 AM »
I did have contact with them and they are mostly interested in selling in bulk which probably explains why they don't have a very B2C focused website. That said they were ok selling a single frameset for me for 500$ excluding shipping. However shipping time will be long as they wanted me to wait until they produce my size in bulk for other customers.

noodleshop

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 05:06:07 AM »
Looks like an interesting frame. I'm a big fan of the straighter tube designs and (what looks like) regular seatpost.

Cth

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 07:18:49 PM »
I thought I would have a go at contacting TopCarbon about this frame too. A single order is clearly not of much interest to them but they would take my money never the less. Best case scenario was 2-3 months before they would make the frame, presumably when the next bulk order is due, per Zdrenka89's post. With possible shipping delays that could easily be 4-6 months or more before the frame arrives...No thank you!

What I shame, this frame looked really good to me and likely is the same as this (if not a clone):
https://www.cxmagazine.com/pro-bike-profile-eric-brunner-new-race-winning-blue-norcross-cyclocross-gravel-bike

I did have contact with them and they are mostly interested in selling in bulk which probably explains why they don't have a very B2C focused website. That said they were ok selling a single frameset for me for 500$ excluding shipping. However shipping time will be long as they wanted me to wait until they produce my size in bulk for other customers.

Zdrenka89

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 01:50:37 AM »
It does indeed look like the same bike. Good find!

pearl

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 02:11:37 PM »
Looking for an XS gravel frame, I hope this one fits the bill!

EDIT: Just read all the other posts, bummer it seems like its so far out. I'm debating on this our something like a Surly... only ones that fit that 500 top tube!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:07:59 PM by pearl »

pearl

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »
Well I'm about to pull the trigger on this, wish me luck!

Cth

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2021, 03:03:09 PM »
Please let us know how that goes! Thanks.

pearl

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 09:10:35 AM »
still waiting on confirmation for standover, hoping for it to be less than 750, closer to 705-725 or so!

noodleshop

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2021, 06:27:33 AM »
In the market for a gravel racing bike, this looks like an interesting option! For those that have ordered, what is the shipping like?