Author Topic: TopCarbon TCGF066 gravel frame  (Read 13267 times)

pearl

Re: TopCarbon TCGF066 gravel frame
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2022, 06:22:04 AM »
Can you take a photo of where the lower bearing would sit on your fork? I think the fork I received isn’t right.

mrmonkey

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2022, 08:53:02 AM »
Will take more pictures when frame come to me. (still in factory)

Btw. here is short video review of this frame ...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 09:15:22 AM by mrmonkey »

pearl

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2022, 09:42:55 AM »
was able to find your video, certainly no gap like the one i have...

abedfo

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2022, 11:06:16 AM »
Not trying to be condescending but is it perchance a molded crown race that doesnt require a metallic race ? i've made that mistake before! 

pearl

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2022, 12:34:29 PM »
I don’t have a race installed trying to put this in, just the bottom bearing.

abedfo

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2022, 02:01:54 PM »
Maybe the wrong size bearing? Or incorrect contact angle

acedeuce802

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »
Do you have pictures of the lower bearing, and a picture of just the bearing sitting on the fork? That chamfer in your picture in your other thread looks way larger than what would typically be on a crown race. If the bearing is just sitting on the chamfer and not actually bottoming out on the flat part of the fork, then that sounds not too good because the forces would be trying to crush that chamfer inward.

RDY

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2022, 03:34:28 PM »
I will echo the comments made about that steerer.  The join line and creases elsewhere look absolutely awful and hint at a potential deathtrap IMO.  The hole for the integrated cables is at best a complete mess, at worst as above.

You shouldn't accept it or ride it IMO.

Generally TopCarbon have a decent(ish) reputation but that never should have made it to completion on the production line, let alone QC, let alone been sold to a brand / retailer, let alone been sold to a paying customer. 

The workmanship is appalling.

It seems like there are much bigger things to worry about than poorly chased BB threads (on the Riot) with TopCarbon, or at least the stuff that gets sold as Lexon.

kubabike

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2022, 07:56:00 AM »
Hi guys, the frame arrived 10. february after one month and 4 days to Poland. I have some problems with it. After first raw assembly there was a play in the headset.  I think there was missing a spacer that should be 3 mm of thickness. The integradted cable routing is real pain in ass. I will never get into it next time ;) The size S seem to be ok for 160 cm tall girl with longish legs. We have 360/70 bar stem combo. If you have any questions please ask me :)

pearl

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2022, 01:49:33 PM »
Do you have any photos of the area on the steerer where your lower bearing would sit?

RDY

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2022, 05:08:19 PM »
Hi guys, the frame arrived 10. february after one month and 4 days to Poland. I have some problems with it. After first raw assembly there was a play in the headset.  I think there was missing a spacer that should be 3 mm of thickness. The integradted cable routing is real pain in ass. I will never get into it next time ;) The size S seem to be ok for 160 cm tall girl with longish legs. We have 360/70 bar stem combo. If you have any questions please ask me :)

Photos of the steerer? As I'm sure you noted, Pearl received something that was likely to be extremely dangerous.

kubabike

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2022, 01:13:13 AM »
Do you have any photos of the area on the steerer where your lower bearing would sit?

No I did not take any photos of that area as I assumed that everything is ok. The fork has an integraded lower racecrown (its a carbon conical area) and I just placed a bearing on it and that's all. I have the same solution in my Giant TCR ad. 2021.

Yesterday we have first ultra short ride on a bicycle lane. Still got no bar tape and some final touches. Bike feels ok, size I think is spot on.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaP9-g7P3M3/?utm_medium=copy_link
I just forgot to add in previous post that tire clearance is max 45c (I think it is no ISO approved) but anything larger than 45C would not fit.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 01:36:25 AM by kubabike »

acedeuce802

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2022, 07:25:22 AM »
Got a request from Lexon to pay $0.1 so they can ship out a new headset cap part. I wonder if that's a fix to the 3mm spacer issue above.

pearl

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2022, 12:10:07 PM »
Same thing with me and the fork issue. I guess it allows them to track it and send the order through their system? As long as I get what I need I don’t mind spending the $1.10. Just hope they ship it quickly and not take another 55 days.

acedeuce802

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2022, 11:17:28 PM »
I got the updated headset part, but unfortunately can't use it since my frame is still in Guangzhou  :-[ I'm assuming it'll be there a while longer since it's been there since December 19th and they are under Covid lockdowns.  May be time to start looking for local frames since gravel racing is starting up soon.