Author Topic: Painting Carbonda 701  (Read 829 times)

Thom

Painting Carbonda 701
« on: September 28, 2021, 05:45:05 AM »
Hi, I like to paint my carbonda 701 gravel bike and was removing al the hardware. But ther is tis little pice on the frame for the front derailleur. Its a cable stop but I would like to remove it but could not get it out. Anybody tips for getting it out. Or knows a replacement part from a other brand. Same for were the rear derelieur cable exits the frame at the back witch nou is kind of a janky pice of rubber rolled up.
Thanks
Thom

carbonazza

Re: Painting Carbonda 701
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 07:31:46 AM »
Hi, I like to paint my carbonda 701 gravel bike and was removing al the hardware. But ther is tis little pice on the frame for the front derailleur. Its a cable stop but I would like to remove it but could not get it out. Anybody tips for getting it out. Or knows a replacement part from a other brand. Same for were the rear derelieur cable exits the frame at the back witch nou is kind of a janky pice of rubber rolled up.
Thanks
Thom

On the CFR505 model, there is a little screw that tighten a metal part inside, pushing against the seat tube.
It is not very visible and black, so maybe you didn't notice it.

Thom

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 09:34:42 AM »
No I mean not the metal part were the derelieur screws to but te little cable stop fount on the bb  behind the seat tube.

failstone

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 10:03:51 AM »
Can you upload a photo? If its the plastic cone stopper, you can ease it out with a small flat head.

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 11:07:33 AM »
No I mean not the metal part were the derelieur screws to but te little cable stop fount on the bb  behind the seat tube.
Yeah, that is the part I was referring to, on the back of the seat tube.

How does the 701 looks like, are you happy of what you see ?
Mind to share some pictures ?  8)