Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort

<< < (8/34) > >>

Zomb1e:

--- Quote from: StiffWeenies on March 25, 2022, 04:10:06 AM ---I'm really just looking for the absolute loudest hub out there

--- End quote ---
Take a look at ARC mt009 (or mt006 if you need non-boost) hubs on aliexpress. They are using traditional design with 36 tooth ring and 6 pawls with 3 teeth on each. At every moment 3 of 6 pawls are engaged, so you'll get 5 degrees engagement and these hubs are loud as f##k.

mr.doom:
My Venfort did not last 50 miles.  Ordered a Hope Pro 4 and have to rebuild my wheels, The Koozer DT clones I have in the shop seem much better made, going to try them out .

filipes:

--- Quote from: mr.doom on July 08, 2022, 09:21:18 AM ---My Venfort did not last 50 miles.  Ordered a Hope Pro 4 and have to rebuild my wheels, The Koozer DT clones I have in the shop seem much better made, going to try them out .

--- End quote ---

Can you be please more specific what went wrong? Wasn't there a change to replace ratchet with original DT or ZTTO internals?
I am considering Venfort as new DT350 are not available and rebuilding wheels is kind of waste of quite some money....
Thanks a lot

mr.doom:
I submerged my Venfort hubs with the (dual) exp style ratchets in a creek and it started to slip. I replaced the springs and normal/old style 36pt "DT ratchets" from my Koozer clones and things are good so far.  The machining on the exp style ratchets may have been the issue, I suspect one of the ratchet rings was not moving in the channels.  Ordered another set of the old style 36pt ratchets from aliexpress as backups.

Ben78:

--- Quote from: mr.doom on July 23, 2022, 07:17:21 AM --- The machining on the exp style ratchets may have been the issue, I suspect one of the ratchet rings was not moving in the channels. 

--- End quote ---

Not saying this is what happened to you, but when I serviced my Venfort hub one of the rings was stuck, I reached out to venfort who advised that the rings are actually handed, when I got the stuck ring out I reversed their position and have had no further issues. I cannot see any physical difference between the rings, but I haven't done any measurements either. Have a heap of kms on them now, regularly racing and am happy with them.

The bearings in my front hub got noisy quickly so I swapped them out. The bearings had very little light grease in them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version