Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort

<< < (7/34) > >>

d3xophen:
too bad they aren't produce 6 bolts version in this exp240.

Fat Larry:
Anyone know Ali has parts that are compatible parts with genuine DT stuff? I have a couple of wheels i picked up second hand (Roval and Bontrager) with missing free hubs (think it was 3 pawl) an axle and end caps and i'm too cheap to buy genuine. Would be good to find some bits for them :)

SVChucko:
Lots of buyers of the star ratchet clones have had success substituting actual DT Swiss parts for knockoff ratchets that failed. Presumably you could go the other way, but why?

I don't know if the pawl freehubs are close enough to swap.

StiffWeenies:
Please excuse my ignorance but what kind of benefits does an EXP style hub provide over a standard one? I'm really just looking for the absolute loudest hub out there and DT Swiss seems to consistently rank at or near the top

Fat Larry:

--- Quote from: StiffWeenies on March 25, 2022, 04:10:06 AM ---Please excuse my ignorance but what kind of benefits does an EXP style hub provide over a standard one? I'm really just looking for the absolute loudest hub out there and DT Swiss seems to consistently rank at or near the top

--- End quote ---

The new style exp hubs have issues at the moment from what i've read. They only exist because the DT patient on the original star ratchet expired. Best avoided. 36 tooth two piece star ratchets are the most reliable design around as far as i know but they might not be as loud as the other versions with more teeth (i haven't tried them).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version