Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort

<< < (2/30) > >>

JJJ:

--- Quote from: Aliexpress Test Pilot on October 20, 2021, 12:31:18 PM ---The ztto 54t ratchets in the M1 hubs fail….it is known

--- End quote ---

Sources? I read that 54T ratchets were unreliable in general, even the original DTs, because the teeth are very shallow and sensitive to dirt or even too much (or too thick) grease. The DT 240EXPs even had a premature wear problem, and offer an upgrade kit (https://www.dtswiss.com/en/ratchet-exp-maintenance-notice). That's why I went for the 36T and not the 54 or 60T.

federic000:
i also want to share my experience, bought a pair of Velosa wheels with OEM hubs, DT350 replica it seems, below some pictures.
the ratchet wheel was very bad, i had multiple occurrences of "jumps" over the teeth losing traction on the pedal and it's very dangerous in my opinion especially when climbing.
i replaced the ratchet with original DT swiss 54T and it's like reborn, luckily for me since i wouldn't like to swap the full hub honestly.
on the front wheel, the hub is ok when mounted in the fork, but it has some loose when unmounted.

BTW can you see in the picture the bearing sitting inside the XD body? should i also change bearing in your opinions?

thanks!

ultreia:
But ZTTO is not the same than this Goldix right? I didn´t receive them yet.

Also the replica 350 are not the same, they look more like ZTTO.

ultreia:
I received the hubs, they look very good! Even one bearing (only one, I don´t know why) is from NTN. The others are from NRW.

My model is GDR310 so, no EXP240 version. The weight was 319, so very good, close to DT 240 in terms of weight.

Do you know any official website for this Goldix brand?
These are some pictures:

The most particular thing, from my point of view, is the red parts. The last one is like a lock ring to keep the spring in the correct position. This is missing in the DT Swiss desing. I think that these red parts are adding a bit of weight, this 10 grams of difference:

Freehub pictures:

NTN bearing:

Hub general pictures:

emu26:
Did you get a picture of the mating faces of the two gold parts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version