Author Topic: Complete Road Bike Frame  (Read 2167 times)

clevonbikes

Complete Road Bike Frame
« on: October 23, 2021, 09:58:49 PM »
I would like to save a few bucks on my next road bike purchase and order some Chinese carbon, but I am super overwhelmed by having to choose parts from all of the different vendors. Does anybody offer complete build or is there a guide to crafting a build somewhere?

carbonazza

Re: Complete Road Bike Frame
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 02:21:18 AM »
Here's a spreadsheet I use to not forget things when building a bike:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-kv1ElDQ53SYV57smIoIfCnpy8lAfjegJfrDEd7wJsc/edit

One tab per bike type.
There's not that many parts.

Schumo

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 02:53:14 AM »

RDY

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 05:20:23 AM »
Dengfu does complete bikes
https://www.dengfubike.com/collections/carbon-road-bikes

What's happened to Deng Fu? They used to be by far the biggest sellers of value Chinese road framesets to the West.  Now their product line seems very out-dated and I never hear anyone express interest in them.  Concentrating on MTBs and e-bikes?

Liter

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 09:42:22 AM »
I would like to save a few bucks on my next road bike purchase and order some Chinese carbon, but I am super overwhelmed by having to choose parts from all of the different vendors. Does anybody offer complete build or is there a guide to crafting a build somewhere?

Its so simple, most vendors are selling the frames with stem/handlebar/seat post. Just pick a groupset that fits your budget and pay attention to the bottom bracket type

Nickk2000

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »
What's happened to Deng Fu? They used to be by far the biggest sellers of value Chinese road framesets to the West.  Now their product line seems very out-dated and I never hear anyone express interest in them.  Concentrating on MTBs and e-bikes?

i think if you dont hear about dengfu much that's a good thing. Ive only seen two posts where people complain about dengfu, one was poor brake alignment on the r12, which i have the same exact bike and i havent encountered any issues, got roughly 2k miles on it, and i did crash it at 35 mph. i also have an fm098 v2, first one had the slippy seatpost. a person broke their r02 but that was also a rare occurence.

i see the carbon layup around the headtube area and im extremely impressed by the layup, next to no flaws visually.

dengfu/hongfu/winspace are like the places to go for guaranteed stuff. if you dont hear about them it means their frames are good. when they were painting my r12 i had to wait basically two months because they had 500+ frames in the line for being painted, so they may have been doing a big project for a brand name or people just mass bought.

my crash i only broke the seatpost and they replaced it, and this leads me to believe that if its survived two falls at 1-2 mph, and a crash at 35 mph, i could throw it off a roof and it'd laugh at the ground.

Irideslowly

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
I've also heard nothing but good things from Longteng bikes. IIRC, they are the manufacturers of velo build bikes.

RDY

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 05:14:25 PM »
i think if you dont hear about dengfu much that's a good thing. Ive only seen two posts where people complain about dengfu, one was poor brake alignment on the r12, which i have the same exact bike and i havent encountered any issues, got roughly 2k miles on it, and i did crash it at 35 mph. i also have an fm098 v2, first one had the slippy seatpost. a person broke their r02 but that was also a rare occurence.

i see the carbon layup around the headtube area and im extremely impressed by the layup, next to no flaws visually.

dengfu/hongfu/winspace are like the places to go for guaranteed stuff. if you dont hear about them it means their frames are good. when they were painting my r12 i had to wait basically two months because they had 500+ frames in the line for being painted, so they may have been doing a big project for a brand name or people just mass bought.

my crash i only broke the seatpost and they replaced it, and this leads me to believe that if its survived two falls at 1-2 mph, and a crash at 35 mph, i could throw it off a roof and it'd laugh at the ground.

I think Deng Fu's R12 was introduced nearly 3 years ago, and that's their newest road bike.  That's my point.  Hong Fu's road range appears to be basically EOL.

Compare that to Velobuild, Yoeleo, TanTan, WorksWell, ICAN etc.  They may have just shifted away from road or be concentrating on OEM, but their road ranges are really dated now.

Nickk2000

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 10:14:09 PM »
well whats wrong with the r12? its the same weight and its nicely crafted.

i do understand what you're saying, my only gripe is idk how aero the r12 is so it'd be nice to see one with aero features such as a tight tolerance for wheel and frame like a cervelo s5, or some kind of cam-tail for the rear, something to put my mind at ease.

but if its working, why knock it you know?

just an fyi yoeleos r21 is identical to an r12, pretty sure theyre the same frame.

jokage

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 10:30:21 PM »
I've also heard nothing but good things from Longteng bikes. IIRC, they are the manufacturers of velo build bikes.

I am curious. Got any real source?

Irideslowly

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 04:25:10 AM »
I read it somewhere on the weight weenies forum.
Same bikes and geometry as velo build, workswell, seraph/tantan.

Irideslowly

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 04:27:51 AM »
I am curious. Got any real source?

LTK 268
Velo build 099/168
workswell r268

same bike