Author Topic: Choosing a Frame (P9, BXT 087 or winowsports)?  (Read 1699 times)

xen

Choosing a Frame (P9, BXT 087 or winowsports)?
« on: October 25, 2021, 10:22:33 PM »
Greetings all,
I’m planning to build my first full suspension mtb and seeking your experiences to help me decide on the frame.
I already have a hard-tail bike and now looking for a full suspension with150 mm of travel, after some research I narrowed my choices to the following:

BXT-MTB-087 29er ($629 with shipping) .
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPwu4ts

winowsports 29er ($640 with shipping) .
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqBmps2

DIYCarbone bike frame F150 / ICAN P9 ($895 with shipping) .
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOhN0aS

I’m planning to pair the frame with Rockshox pike ultimate, a Fox float X2 rear shock & shimano XT8100 group set.

based on the cost alone I’m leaning toward the BTX frame but I’m not sure if it will fit the X2 shock " exchange several emails with BTX and they just repeat what already written in the add, I don’t think they really know what piggyback shock is :( or if the X2 can fit or not!".
I found many builds for the F150/P9 and the frame looks OK but is it worth the additional 255$?.

I couldn’t find any additional info/builds for the other 2 frames so I’m not sure they will fit my components or how they compare to the F150/P9 frame.

Any information regarding those frame is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Beaumont88

Re: Choosing a Frame (P9, BXT 087 or winowsports)?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 05:39:01 AM »
I bought the p9 direct from ican and they were very helpful in there emails, even sorted the payment so i wouldnt have to pay import taxes, ive finishedy build and done some quite hard rides on it and had no bother at all ....only issue ive had was the lack of torgue specs etc and the bb worked loose and that was my fault really for not torqing it enough

xen

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 08:10:22 AM »
Thanks Beaumont88 that's was very helpful, my main issue with the p9 is the shipping coast ($315), if i go with the P9 frame i'll probably order it from DIYCarbone bike frame since its the same frame and $395 cheaper.

Beaumont88

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 11:02:01 AM »
I originally messaged them to find out if they knew what sort of import tax id pay (uk) as i didnt want to buy one n then have to pay extortionate taxes when it arrived but they were cool about it and split the payment into two then they declare the lower amount on the paperwork and say its a 2nd hand frame n i didnt have to pay any import taxes n stuff ...also the bb is quite low on the p9 so look for 165mm cranks

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »
another happy p9 owner here, contact them directly via email and ask what the best price they can do the frame + delivery, found Perry to be very helpful. As for the bike, ive the fork at 180mm with a 150mm ext coil in back, carbon wheels from ican too, and i am 100kg+ geared up. As for longevity, too early to tell really as ive only been riding it half a year, but id be very confident in it after some of the steep techy stuff + jumps ive done. Best bike ive owned bar none.

xen

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 09:47:37 PM »
Thanks Icyseanfitz/Beaumont88 really helpful stuff, i guess the MTB-087 is not as popular as the P9, too bad as it looks like a great value when compared.

deucelee

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 05:12:02 PM »
Yeah right now the BXT-087 is $630 SHIPPED for the black gloss...definitely tempting.  Not finding much info on it either.  Painted is $680 shipped so it's still a pretty good deal for $50 to have them paint it already.