Author Topic: Current transit times to the US?  (Read 1227 times)

SVChucko

Current transit times to the US?
« on: October 27, 2021, 11:33:35 PM »
I ordered an FM10 frame from the Seraph Official Store on aliExpress in mid September, using their default shipping to the US. The last bit of tracking information I have is "Handed over to the Carrier" on Sept. 26. Nothing since.

I get that there's a trans-Pacific freight crisis. I'm not dying to get the new bike, I have an old one I can ride in the meantime. But the complete lack of updates in over a month is not inspiring confidence.

What are other US buyers of Chinese frames seeing for transit times?

cybrsrce

Re: Current transit times to the US?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 06:17:40 PM »
2-3 months to the east coast for Ali standard or EMS.  It is even up to a month for DHL or UPS international at the moment.  Frames seem to travel all around mainland China for a while and then fly or sail out of Hong Kong.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 12:50:57 AM »
7-15 working day by HKEMS, Thanks.

For DHL or UPS then more sooner.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

SVChucko

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 09:16:02 PM »
It has now been 2 months since the last tracking update on my FM10 frame. When should I start to get worried?

emu26

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 12:11:52 AM »
I would be chasing it with both carrier and shipper.

Shredder

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 02:55:50 AM »
If I remember correctly, in aliexpress you can ask for your money back after 3 months if the goods didnt arrive so you dont need to get worried at all,
usually it arrives before the 3 months mark, try to use the 17track site to see what info it gives about your package, it sometimes more accurate than what aliexpress giving in their site

if on the 3 months mark it didnt arrive -

* you can talk to the seller and ask him to prolong the purchase protection time (if i remember correctly as long as you in the purchase protection from ali you will able to get a full refund if the item doesnt arrive)

* you can start a dispute to get your cash back, in the dispute the seller can leave a comment, usually the seller will tell you something like "please cancel the dispute trust me its on the way", i usually just tell them that they can trust me that i will pay them if the item will arrive in the following month, and ali just gives you your payment back

SVChucko

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 12:50:19 PM »
I've been using chinapost-track dot com. 17track is giving me the same information, that the package was handed off to the airline carrier at Guangzhou City on 26 September.

The original purchase protection was supposed to expire today, at 75 days. I was going to ask the seller for an extension of the purchase protection, but now I see on AliX that I have until 10 January to open a dispute, so it looks like the seller has already taken care of that.

So far everything else I've ordered from AliX has been delivered within 3 to 5 weeks tops. [edited]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:59:13 PM by SVChucko »

Shredder

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 01:49:49 PM »
I think like 10% of my orders are like this,

in the last order (truing stand) ali tracking told me the item was sent on September but 17track told me that a 'reservation' for a shipment or something like that was on September and that the carrier didn't receive the item, only like a month later the carrier received the items and around 3 weeks later I got it,

my guess is they didn't have it in stock when I ordered.

I had a similar issue (over 2 months till the item arrived) when I ordered a bxt hardtail frame, so maybe they place an order to manufacture the frame only after you pay (than it arrived via  EMS and ofc EMS charged shipping costs even tho the seller said it is free shipping..)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 01:51:44 PM by Shredder »

RongGearRob

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 10:53:44 PM »
I guess I was lucky, took just under 6 weeks for me to receive my Lexon frame from Everjoy Industries. 

Irideslowly

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 06:55:32 AM »
3 weeks for my frame from China to THE east coast.

SVChucko

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2021, 08:29:45 PM »
To wrap this up, my frame left the vendor on Sept. 17, and was finally at my door on Dec. 21. That's 95 days in transit, give or take an International Date Line.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:40:22 PM by SVChucko »

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2021, 10:57:41 PM »
I’m ordering a Carbonda FM1002 in the next couple of days and they give the usual 7-14 day estimate but I’ll post an update here when it actually arrives.

Recently my AliExpress orders are taking around six weeks but I haven’t really made enough of those yet to be a good basis for comparison.

Irideslowly

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 06:15:00 AM »
Just received a frame from China with ems.
7 days from China to the east coast.