Author Topic: My Bigrock 27.5+ Build  (Read 2243 times)

markchia

My Bigrock 27.5+ Build
« on: November 02, 2021, 10:19:26 AM »
What started out as a budget commuter bike ended up with me becoming a weight weenie. Well, not really, compared to the actual weight weenies. My wallet is definitely lighter though. Short review below:

Communication from the seller was very good by aliexpress standards. Most of my messages were answered within a a couple hours. Initially I was leaning towards the tantan/seraph fm199/299 but 17" was out of stock and they weren't responsive. The bigrock frame was on backorder and I asked for no decals so it took around 15 days to ship. They asked if I was ok with the small decals and I said I was, thought they meant the generic ones but they ended up putting their small logo on the top tube which wasn't shown in the pic for this color listing. So i'd ask for no decals at all to be safe. Also I asked them to declare low but they didn't tell me they won't, so I had to pay tax. Apparently their tax free is only for the EU. When I ordered it was around 500 usd incl shipping for the 27.5" and these guys seemed to be the only ones selling it, however it got stuck in customs for 2 months(not the sellers fault) and now lexon is selling the exact same frame for about $100 less -_-.

It came in a solid box with foam on contact points. All the usual stuff is included + they include 2 'gifts' which you can choose from a few of their other items like seatpost clamps and top caps. There are no Rubber grommets on the frame so I assume its meant to be routed with full outer housing. It didn't come with placeholder tubing but routing was really easy. The holes are pretty small so if you're using a cable and a ferrule to route the brake you'll have to pull off the ferrule through the headtube first. All in all it was pretty straightforward. As usual i forgot to weigh individual parts but the total weight is 8.4kg. It could easily be sub 8kg with a lighter/rigid fork

Parts list:
Frame: Bigrock 27.5 Boost https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002838191949.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dmf1p7v
Fork: X-fusion RC32
Wheelset: Farsports FS27C T-30-30 with ZTTO M1 hubs
Brakes: Magura MT5 F and MT4 R
Shifter + Rear Mech: Deore M5100
Cassette: ZTTO Slr 2 Ultralight 11-50t
Chain: VG sports
Crankset: Racework 36t
Pedals: DMR V6
Stem: ZTTO 45mm Alu
Bars: RFR Flat bar Trail
Grips: ZTTO
Seatpost: Sixpack Menace