Author Topic: Help? Road bike suggestion for a 64yo eMTB rider  (Read 410 times)

w2ge

Help? Road bike suggestion for a 64yo eMTB rider
« on: November 02, 2021, 05:33:43 PM »
I’m a 240b (108kg) 64yo 6’ (183cm, inseam 81cm) tall fat f*ck. ::)   Currently love riding a Canyon Spectral ON CF7 Mullet eMTB and have been doing some road riding on a borrowed very expensive tricked out bespoke CYFAC (French custom frame)  bike.

I’m looking to build a decent but comfortable road bike,  Not a race bike.   Maybe Trifox X16?   So many choices and I know you guys know what’s available so I’m asking for recommendations along with a carbon (?) wheel set recommendation.  Want hydraulic discs.   Would love to keep complete build under $3000usd.

TIA, Phil

P.S.  I’m in Southern New Jersey in the USA so if anyone wants to come over and help me build it that will be greatly appreciated!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Liter

Re: Help? Road bike suggestion for a 64yo eMTB rider
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 08:02:24 AM »
How is your eMTB cockpit in terms of spacers/position, are they stack full of spacers? If so go for a Gravel bike they have more relaxed geo and the headtube is longer, I like Carbonda and Velobuild, have bought the 099 from Velobuild and it took a long time to get it adjusted but its a very good aerobike not as comfortable would not recomend as a first road bike, from Carbonda I bought a Full Sus MTB and I really liked the quality.

For wheels I would try Elite from Aliexpress, very good quality and good price. Bought two road wheels and a MTB from them, all with DT hubs.