Author Topic: WorksWell brand  (Read 919 times)

amers

WorksWell brand
« on: November 16, 2021, 05:58:17 AM »
hello!

i was looking for HT frame with certain requirements, and find out that only 2 frames will fit

Airwolf 025\026 fits, but i dont like how these frames are made. but - they are quite cheap (up to 400$)

WorksWell has 2 hartdail frames with great (i can say best for XL size) geometry:

https://www.workswellbikes.com/XC/wcb-m-336(29er).html
https://www.workswellbikes.com/XC/wcb-m-162.html

BUT they are quite expensive, and for 162 frame cost with shipping will be up to 850$ o_O

im wondering, can anybody share overall opinion and photos of how their frames are made?

i believe that 850$ price can be good for a good quality frame, but i dont want to buy it before i see how its made (headset cups, bb, dropouts, etc)

zilcho

Re: WorksWell brand
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 09:07:27 AM »
I've always wondered about them. For as long as I've been following direct from China frames, they have always had some interesting frames but I've not seen many people order from. Back when DengFu and HongFu were the main players Workswell already had a much nicer website and interesting frames, but again no one was reporting back about them.

What is it that you're looking for in a frame? The three you've listed have very different geometry. The hardtail thread has a lot of options to consider as well.

amers

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 09:52:03 AM »
i've got hardtail based on torpado frame. after bike FIT it looks like i can easilly take a bigger frame, so i am looking for a replacement with next features:

size XL
reach not less than 460mm (90% percents of frames fails to reach it)
head angle less than 69 (up to 69.5 if everything else is superb)
seatpost 31.6 (i will use dropper)
bottom bracket NOT BSA (pf bb92 or pf30, no matter)

at first sight airwolf was a great frame with great price, but from what i saw and know their frames are manufactured quite poorly (one frame was inspected by me, and i dont like how headset and seattube are manufactured), and their warranty works not as good as stated (long replacement delivery time, 100$ shipping charge)

336 is a superb freme except 27.2 seatpost. i even was ready to buy fox transfer sl (400$), but longest dropper thay have in 27.2 is 380mm, and its just not long enough for me
162 is a trade off, when i get a bit steper ha, and shorter reach, but could use 31.6 droppers. looked like a great compromise, until i found out price

also WorksWell has afull suspension frame, which looks great on paper, and my plan was to get a hardtail frame, as it is cheaper, and then order suspension frame

carbonazza

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 10:17:25 AM »
I have a 062, the version prior to 162.
A Specialized inspired frame from 2016, and it was $439 all included shipped to Europe.
What an inflation...

This frame saw much more than it was designed for.
I did lend it to a friend that destroys everything, but not this frame.
So if there is no problem, I'm sure they do good frames.

Few years ago, I ordered them as well two 27.5" for kids and no problem either.

There are some posts here mentioning a rather poor after sale service.
And a crack or two.
But as usual when someone complains, you only have one side of the story.

emu26

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 02:39:44 PM »
Amers $850 for a hardtail seems high. What country / $ are you in / talking about?

amers

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 02:32:02 AM »
Ukraine

frame itself is 600-650$

shipping 100$
light version of frame 60$ (regular not available at the moment)
some spares (axle, hanger) 30$
paypal tax up to 40$ (5% charge)

850$ in general is OK, if frame is made well, and thats why i started this thread, maybe someone can share photos

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 10:03:06 AM »
...frame itself is 600-650$...

A hard tail is usually $300-$400, I'm wondering what makes this one that expensive