Author Topic: Velobuild GF-002  (Read 18656 times)

luvlysmiler

Re: Velobuild GF-002
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2024, 08:15:59 AM »
@hazzer19 and others: would you expect spacers also being needed for a 46/30 chainring combo on this frame? Interestingly, velobuild said that this setup would need a longer front derailleur (?)
I know this response is not directly answering the question but thought I'd add it in case its useful to someone..
I used 48-33 and it works at the bottom limit of the standard derailleur hanger.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005163379110.html

Greenred

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2024, 10:33:31 AM »
Do I read this correct, that I'd need many more BB spacers for the Riro crankset?

Or are spacers in any way going to be needed, as @hazzer19 described? Setup is still going to be a 30-46t chainring combo with a dub bb.

Learning more every day  ;D

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 04:46:04 PM by Greenred »

Serge_K

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2024, 03:22:53 PM »
From memory, I may have used a few 3d printed shims on the drive side on the GF002. Barely any thickness, so that 34 inner ring doesnt eat the chain stay. Not all cranks are the same btw, so mileage will vary.

Greenred

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2024, 09:46:35 AM »
Did anyone mesure the frame triangle inner dimensions in size 56?
Planning on getting a full frame bikepacking bag, either off the rack or custom.
My frame will hopefully be on the way soon!

coffeebreak

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2024, 05:11:42 PM »
Did anyone mesure the frame triangle inner dimensions in size 56?
Planning on getting a full frame bikepacking bag, either off the rack or custom.
My frame will hopefully be on the way soon!

Seeing this now. I have size 56 frame, if you are still waiting for these dimensions I will let you know by tonight!

Greenred

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2024, 05:33:52 PM »
Seeing this now. I have size 56 frame, if you are still waiting for these dimensions I will let you know by tonight!

Thanks coffeebreak! I received in the meantime:

For future reference, in size 56:
1. The inner top tube length measures around 48-50cm (it’s bent at the head tube)
2. The inner seat tube length is about 44cm
3. The inner down tube is around 58cm

Serge_K

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2024, 03:02:18 AM »
Just realized i never posted pics of the 2 GF002 i built. The orange is mine. I ghetto painted it myself.
Farsports wheels, hookless (so my fat ass can hit rocks tubeless without worrying about breaking the rim)
Conti Terra Speed 40C tubeless w sealant - nice, but wears out fast.
Sensah 2x11 mech. Horrendous FD. Wouldn't recommend Sensah, i built 4 bikes w Sensah 2x11 mech, had a RD die for no reason, and Sensah told me to eat a *ick. And the FD is trash.
Jagwire keb-sl brake housing.
I do not love the brakes now that i have ltwoo er9 hydraulic on my road bike. in fact i will not build another non hydraulic bike for myself (i'm 80-85kg though).
All frames are Medium.
I had a lot of fun with the bike last year, put 3.2k km on it, as well as quite a few hours on the trainer. This year it's in fact been by home trainer bike, and it's developed a bunch of creaks i need to diagnose (almost certainly my fault / sweat).
The road one is the VB 168 with gangster deep wheels (Farsports too). I find it helpful to see them by side to realize how different the geometry is.

It was my 1st gravel bike. I quickly then bought another road bike, because this absolutely does not feel like a do it all road bike. The geometry just doesn't work for me on the road (too high, too slack, doesnt feel good going down hairpins). The vast, vast, vast, vast majority of my riding is road. I kind of wish i had more occasions to ride gravel, because i did enjoy it. But i find myself going for the road bike all the time.

My buddy with the black one is a runner so he bought it mostly because he's a lawyer and wanted a pretty bike / FOMO. He's happy with it though, the bike is a head turner. He uses it as a road bike.