Author Topic: Any experience with Twitter frames?  (Read 1525 times)

noodleshop

Any experience with Twitter frames?
« on: November 23, 2021, 06:49:57 AM »
Hi all,

I'm considering a Twitter R7 for my next bike build, chiefly because of how cheap it is, and because it uses a round seatpost. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this brand before, or if it's one to avoid. Twitter bikes are fairly common where I live, though I've never tried one before. I'm looking for a bike that can double as a road and gravel bike, and is on the faster, snappier side of things. If I were really rich I'd get a Ridley Kanzo Fast, but that's out of the price range for now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001518961776.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.c13e31c36aIUYg&algo_pvid=af76e0cb-63c6-48ee-a89c-12194bafe158&algo_exp_id=af76e0cb-63c6-48ee-a89c-12194bafe158-1&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000016437777179%22%7D

To me the geometry looks a bit funky (72.5 HTA paired with 420mm stays sounds more like a crit racer) but I'm curious what the geometry wizards here think. Thanks all!

Zdrenka89

Re: Any experience with Twitter frames?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 08:17:37 AM »
Interesting frame. This is the most road like geometry i've seen with 45mm tire clearance. Trails is short at 53mm so its gonna be fairly lively for a gravelbike. Won't work that well on the very technical stuff but it'll probably feel quite nice on the longer stretches of plain gravel.

Cables are quite funny... External cables for rear brake and derailleurs but front brake has to go through the headset! Look closely at the pictures...
I'd say you have to go fully internal and live with the cable ports on the downtube.

noodleshop

Re: Any experience with Twitter frames?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:54:41 PM »
Interesting frame. This is the most road like geometry i've seen with 45mm tire clearance. Trails is short at 53mm so its gonna be fairly lively for a gravelbike. Won't work that well on the very technical stuff but it'll probably feel quite nice on the longer stretches of plain gravel.

Cables are quite funny... External cables for rear brake and derailleurs but front brake has to go through the headset! Look closely at the pictures...
I'd say you have to go fully internal and live with the cable ports on the downtube.

:o those are good catches, thanks Zdrenka89! The geo was already a bit of a put-off, now that you mention the cable routing I'm even more wary of this frame. Sounds like I'll need some kind of proprietary headset to run this.. maybe if I close my eyes and imagine I'm riding an Aspero, that won't be so bad, haha!  ;D