Author Topic: Lightcarbon lcr015 sd build thread  (Read 1154 times)

Nickk2000

Lightcarbon lcr015 sd build thread
« on: December 02, 2021, 11:49:28 AM »
I convinced my brother to give chinese carbon a try given he only has a fuji cyclocross bike.

Will update this thread as needed.

Everything was roughly $1300-$1400, dt350, pillar spokes, 50mm deep. 54cm frame.
Frame looked great. Fork looks good as well, though the fork is flexible on the lower parts, more than id normally expect from a carbon fork, but i trust thats the way its meant to be.
He will be running rival axs.

Update: wheels came with 3-4 cracks in the carbon where the nipple meets. Most likely due to overtightening. Shipping also damaged the hub. Purely cosmetic, small ding on the nds, COMPLETEY cosmetic.

Update: first they asked to get it fixed at a lbs and ship us a new set of rims, but it costed them too much they said.
So they let us ship it back to them, theyll cover shipping both ways And replace the hub. So far pretty stand up guys, no issues so far! Pretty happy with this because i was hoping for a painless experience building up this bike for my brother, but the guys at lightcarbon so far have made this issue very tolerable.

Charltonfan1

Re: Lightcarbon lcr015 sd build thread
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 12:07:46 PM »
Sounds annoying given the slow shipping to and from China

Which frame and wheelset did you go for?

Nickk2000

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 06:18:51 PM »
Lcr015sd. Separate stem and bar, not an all in one.

Wheelset, i forget, but pillar, dt350, 50mm deep. Gp5k tubeless.

Nickk2000

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 07:11:06 PM »
Frame and wheels are great. Fully built, will weigh when the rotors and tires get sat, tubeless.

No issues, cabling was easy.

Only two issues and my dengfu r12 has the same issue, dropouts arent wide enough alone to support 12 speed so i have a spacer between the axle screw in and the cassette. The frame might get scratched if i leave it like that, so spacer cant hurt. One of the caliper mount screws also seems to be giving resistance, signifying facing maybe needing to be required, but i havent centered the rotors yet since the lockrings are still in the mail.