Author Topic: carbon dropouts are evil ?!  (Read 726 times)

igorunya

carbon dropouts are evil ?!
« on: December 23, 2021, 07:45:57 AM »
Greetings to all members of the forum! started thinking about buying a carbon frame from China, and found that all frames have carbon dropouts, hence the question to everyone who already operates such frames, how quickly do carbon dropouts break? I have an Italian frame Chesini modulo, manufactured in 2012, in which all the dropouts are made of aluminum, the mileage is 90 thousand kilometers, and the dropouts are still in good condition! I liked the V-BR - 068 aero frame, but judging by the photo, the dropouts are carbon fiber! Feedback from users of this frame model!

Liter

Re: carbon dropouts are evil ?!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 10:19:10 AM »
Greetings to all members of the forum! started thinking about buying a carbon frame from China, and found that all frames have carbon dropouts, hence the question to everyone who already operates such frames, how quickly do carbon dropouts break? I have an Italian frame Chesini modulo, manufactured in 2012, in which all the dropouts are made of aluminum, the mileage is 90 thousand kilometers, and the dropouts are still in good condition! I liked the V-BR - 068 aero frame, but judging by the photo, the dropouts are carbon fiber! Feedback from users of this frame model!

The hanger will snap before anything, I would not worry about that. A friend has the 68 he is happy with it, I had the newer disc version 99 and I loved that frame. Took a while to adjust the fit with the integrated cockpit but in the end the bike was very good to ride.

igorunya

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 04:30:42 PM »
specifically with regard to the VB-R-068 frame, what nuances have arisen during operation? but personally most of all I worry about carbon dropouts!

SCassa

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »
Can't speak for this frame, but my 066sl with solid carbon drops are solid. I have over 25,000 mile on my current frame with no problems.
I don't hear much about dropout failure.