Author Topic: Hardcore hardtails  (Read 2058 times)

FullCarbonAlchemist

Hardcore hardtails
« on: January 05, 2022, 07:46:45 PM »
Hardcore hardtails with legit progressive geometry have been hard to find in the carbon category, from what I’ve read on those sections of the forum.

I was browsing AliExpress and noticed a store with several titanium models, some of which look quite progressive:

PYTITANS Official Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0KeCPE

I assume we’d be hard pressed to find someone here who’s actually owned one, but figured they might be of interest to people looking for these kinds of frames.

They clearly market some of their products as analogues to branded bikes: two different hardcore hardtails are marketed as “Kona ST” and another is marketed as having the same geometry as a Linskey. That definitely earns an eyebrow raise, but doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t legit.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:51:01 PM by FullCarbonAlchemist »

FullCarbonAlchemist

Re: Hardcore hardtails
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 07:49:52 PM »
Here are the two versions marketed as Kona ST analogues, there’s also one that seems to be less “hardcore” marketed as a Santa Cruz Chameleon analogue:

jannmayer

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 06:21:29 PM »
They have some interesting frames, for sure. They don't seem to have as much information about each as Tiris/Tiorays, so I'd be hesitant to go with them. The geometry diagram is pulled directly from Santa Cruz's web site, although it doesn't match the current Highball or Chameleon.

I wonder how they compare with Tiris or Waltly? I'm also curious how a budget titanium frame compares with a typical aluminum frame or a high-end titanium frame.

The custom headbadges are nice, but I can't say I'd want a bike with their example custom anodized logo.

The fat bike frames are interesting, though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 06:29:41 PM by jannmayer »

QuentinLL

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 05:13:44 AM »
You can have a custom titanium hardtail frame for that price (Walty or Titan for example). Isn't it better ?

Silverado123

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 05:55:27 AM »
Those look awesome! Definitely worth looking into.

QuentinLL

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 03:34:04 AM »
A custom geo titanium hardtail with walty or Titan is cheaper