Author Topic: FS830 Enduro Frame - Stef Biggel’s build  (Read 9327 times)

Stef Biggel

FS830 Enduro Frame - Stef Biggel’s build
« on: January 22, 2022, 01:02:55 PM »
Hy Folks,
according to Cybrsrce remark i will show here my Enduro Build based on a FS830 open Frame from Haideli.

First, sorry for two things: I‘m not an native englisch Speaker so my sense are maybe raw and im not so a good picture guy. For that there isn’t documented all steps as fine.

Prolog: I was on fire from the AM831 Frame to build a SC Hightower Clone and ordered it in the Black Week for 889$. But as the Problems became clear beginning December i asked Haideli they will change my order into the FS830 which was shown from “Eddy” a day before. My Frame was right ready for delivery and they stoped it to send me a FS830 on Dec 22th. The Frame arrived Europe on jan 3rd, than custom had to be done and finally the feame reached me after 22 days. For my opinion a very good delivery and a great service from Heideli.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 12:17:39 AM by Stef Biggel »

Stef Biggel

Re: FS830 Enduro Frame - Stef Biggel’s build
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 01:08:44 PM »
A lot of people, including me, was wondering how the links are designed and where the Bearings are build in.

Now its clear, they put the bearings left and right into the Frame and smash it with a throw axel. The head of the axel is conical, so there ist a very stabel centric conection:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 12:33:09 AM by Stef Biggel »

Stef Biggel

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 01:14:54 PM »
As (i guess) quite normal, there is no grease in the bearings. So i open all and put grease inside.
When i turned the bearings i thoght that the lowest right is rubbing. Later when the shock was mount i can‘t detect a problem in function. Checking the play of the linking Parts with lateral force show that all fits together well.

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 01:28:27 PM »
Can’t wait to see the complete build!

Stef Biggel

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 01:30:04 PM »
Next step was putting in the Red Jagwire brake lines, the Hagwire gear Cabel and the RS Reverb 150mm. My frame is a 17“, the Reverb 150mm fits nearly complete inside. Only the last 2cm would‘t going… but i Think it‘s a Problem of the steat tube diameter.

I covered the Frame with dyedbro …. Holly shit i made it terrible, it looks so easy in the description.

Putting in the RS Monarch wasn‘t such easy, because Heideli write in the Alibaba description the shock end mont ist 8x22mm front and 8x30mm rear. But in true it‘s 8x22mm both. So got some sawing and filing job, with eye on Symmetrie of the spacers.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:14:19 PM by Stef Biggel »

Stef Biggel

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 01:40:07 PM »
The headset ZTTO and the Bottom bracket BB92 from ZTTO wasn‘t spectacular to implement. All the Pockets fitting well.

I Build in a Fox 36 Performance OEM Fork with 170mm travel

My brakes are Magura MT7 with Shimano XT lever. The connection with the Jagwire QF works realy fine:

So long guys, today the carbon Rims are arrived… i have to do some builing job now ✌
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:15:51 PM by Stef Biggel »

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 01:59:42 PM »
The headset ZTTO and the Bottom bracket BB92 from ZTTO wasn‘t spectacular to implement. All the Pockets fitting well.

I Build in a Fox 36 Performance OEM Fork with 170mm travel

My beakes are Magura MT7 with Shimano XT lever. The connection wirh Jagwire QF works realy fine:

So long guys, today the carbon Rims are arrived… i have to do some builing job now ✌

Did you replace the bearings in the ZTTO BB? They’re known for failing very quickly. When I was going to build a Haideli frame (831/830), I got a set of the replacement Enduro Bearings you need from
Wheels Manufacturing; it’s part number SB-24X37, with two 24x37 sealed bearings.

Even after replacing the bearings the ZTTO bottom bracket is still cheaper than the Wheels Mfg version so it’s not a terrible deal.

graved1gger

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 05:50:35 PM »
Thank you for the new thread. It got really hard to keep up with your posts and updates on the build in original FS830 thread due to... well.. philosophical topics.

I'm very interested in the frame myself, ability to use a coil shock is a big plus for me over 831, so every photo, detail and subjective feelings on the frame and the future completed bike are much appriciated.

Thanks again  :)

Looking at your photos, I can't explain why but this pivot looks suspicious to me:

does it "feel" okay?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:01:01 PM by graved1gger »

Stef Biggel

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 06:14:58 PM »
My late shift is over.
The Beowulf 35mm carbon Weelset is fine. Only the freehubboddy was delivered wrong. I need XD, but this are peanuts.

I understand in the description that for 203mm rotors fits without a Adapter. They wouldn’t, you need a 6“ pm to 180mm with to shims (maybe there is other adapters solutions, but I don‘t have).

Slowly it looks like a real bike  ;):
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 03:24:15 AM by Stef Biggel »

Stef Biggel

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 06:16:29 PM »
A few other views

Stef Biggel

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 02:18:35 AM »

does it "feel" okay?

Without proofen it by riding, yes. It seem to be stable without play and it’s nearly the same construction as the 2019 pivot firebird.

I release the Air from the Dumper a bit an test the travel… all works fine without play an rubbing.

Stef Biggel

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2022, 03:25:44 AM »
Did you replace the bearings in the ZTTO BB? They’re known for failing very quickly. When I was going to build a Haideli frame (831/830), I got a set of the replacement Enduro Bearings you need from
Wheels Manufacturing; it’s part number SB-24X37, with two 24x37 sealed bearings.

Even after replacing the bearings the ZTTO bottom bracket is still cheaper than the Wheels Mfg version so it’s not a terrible deal.

I hadn't, how it works to remove them, is it possible to smash them out from inner side?

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 01:08:49 PM »
Maybe try taking a hot air blow dryer and heat up the frame stickers and see if that will let you squeeze the air bubbles out and stretch around any curves so it lays flatter. You can also take a needle and poke a small hole in any bubbles you can't get rid of so you can squeeze out any air.

Good luck!

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 02:36:11 PM »
I hadn't, how it works to remove them, is it possible to smash them out from inner side?

I believe you need a bearing removal tool and press. I got the Park BBT-90.3 removal tool and HHP-3 press, I think these are the correct tools but it’s been a while since I researched all of this because I changed my build plan a couple months ago from a Haideli BB90 frame to a Carbonda with BSA30.

The consensus from the ZTTO thread-together BB discussion on MTBR seemed to be that the ZTTO bearings always fail quickly and it’s wise to replace them right away rather than wait for them to fail.

graved1gger

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2022, 05:07:10 PM »
My friend had that ztto bb and bearings failed after a month or so of regular xc rides(3-4 long rides a week).
As far as I know he just hammered out stock bearings and pressed in enduro bearings into the cups. It has been more than a year already and still works.