Author Topic: Tideace 2022 New Enduro Mold FS838 Being Production  (Read 14456 times)

casual_build

Re: Tideace 2022 New Enduro Mold FS838 Being Production
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2022, 03:11:32 PM »
Why too short for XL?  XL is would be my size ;)

It's fine, just a bit shorter than the length of the Norco for the XL size. XL is probably the best size. I rather have a shorter chainstay than one that's too long.

That said, I wouldn't exactly recommend buying this frame. Look at this salesman's history on the thread. It sounds like quality control is a serious issue. Customer service is aimed selling fixes instead instead of customer satisfaction.

I mean, someone broke their collarbone due to defects... that's a rough reputation if I've ever seen one.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 03:13:05 PM by casual_build »

Jotegr

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2022, 10:20:47 AM »
I had one of the first XL ranges in North America - I placed my order 1-2 months before the dealer launch/product numbers were available due to a mild mistake from Norco, which they honoured anyway. I then proceeded to spend a whole season at Sun Peaks and elsewhere smashing the shit out of the bike, which I think is a solid test given the mountain's reputation to devour anything with a single crown on it after a couple days of riding. I've said before in this thread, but since we're on the topic again, I'll reiterate it.

My Range, which Norco spent years on, had a couple issues that IMO are relevant to a knockoff/open mold version:

1. mine was subject to a soft recall where not all the bolts had not all the right amount of locktite on them from the factory. There's about twice as many fiddly bolts than most other suspension designs due to the complexity. I think this might not work great for open mold riders who just buy a bike, build it up, and send it - this bike would require a strip back to nothing and a full re-go with grease, anti-seize, and red+blue locktite where appropriate in various parts to work properly/reliably

2. Even after issue 1 was resolved, a handful of bolts kept loosening off after a couple rides. I can only imagine this'll be worse with this version.

3. There's so many small bolts and fiddly parts, I don't trust them to be available long-term from Norco, let alone Tideace/Miracle. This might be a nice bike for a couple seasons, but it might be hard to enjoy for a long period of time (which I guess could be said of anything on this forum?).

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2022, 08:43:51 PM »
Thanks for the patience of the production,and supporting of our frame and company.

Now FM-FS838 sample have been done, and testing passed.

Attached some raw material picture for reference.

And size M would be the first bulk production.

We would show more details sooner.

The pre-order now is available, any need, feel free to contact us.

Customized color accepted.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Many thanks.

Jotegr

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2022, 09:50:31 PM »
Good luck to all early adopters of this one and may God have mercy on your souls
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:25:43 PM by Jotegr »

QuentinLL

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2022, 02:27:49 AM »
Very short dropper insertion length, link that will hit the ground / rocks, tideace lack of skills to design bearing interface... i will not be the one to give it a try

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2022, 08:30:49 AM »
Looks cool. 180mm seatpost insert is a little short, but a oneup 150mm will have 5cm exposed. Should be no problem, my 947 has 7cm exposed with a 120mm post.

Would love to see a partially built frame with a shock and idler installed. All the geo numbers look pretty solid.

EDIT: There's a few more renders and the 'test report' on the haidelibikes site: https://www.haidelibikes.com/marketing-products/enduro-29e-suspension-mountain-bicycle-frame.html
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 09:34:43 AM by zaphodbeeblebrox »

HDTVdevil

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2022, 02:09:24 AM »
I suppose the max seatpost insertion also changes with the size of the frame? If M would have 180mm, how much would an XL have?

Jotegr

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2022, 07:07:02 PM »
It *might* not be a total dealbreaker for a lot of people,  I can't quite make out the standover height/steatpost height off the ground, but if it's similar to the Range it's based on, the seat collar height is so low, most people will need to run some post exposed anyway - My XL 22 Range had a few CM of seatpost exposed on a 210mm oneup post because it was just that low.  Alternately, I've heard some sizes of Range will have seat/rear wheel contact with a fully slammed post anyway.

The total dealbreakers might be other stuff, like how Haideli's last two longer travel full suspension bikes either had shitty beta-test level rear triangles (that totally injured at least one forum user!) and made us either crowdsource a fix or buy replacements, or a slightly better case of requiring steel sleeve to be machined to work nice. This design is substantially more fiddly and complex than those two are. Let's see how this one goes.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 07:10:24 PM by Jotegr »

Stef Biggel

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2022, 02:07:38 AM »
The total dealbreakers might be other stuff, like how Haideli's last two longer travel full suspension bikes either had shitty beta-test level rear triangles (that totally injured at least one forum user!) and made us either crowdsource a fix or buy replacements, or a slightly better case of requiring steel sleeve to be machined to work nice. This design is substantially more fiddly and complex than those two are. Let's see how this one goes.

1. You can also use Alloy ;)
2. maybe it will also work without a sleeve, but I didn't want to risk it.  ;)

just my 2 cents

Jotegr

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2022, 07:20:53 PM »
Haha fair play Stef. I don't want to get bogged down on the material! You could also ride the original 831 without any fix - but there was risk!

HDTVdevil

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2022, 02:40:22 PM »
anyone that decided to buy one of these?

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2023, 02:00:20 AM »
FS-838 Tideace Complete bike shows.

Thanks

Denys

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2023, 03:45:56 AM »
FS-838 Tideace Complete bike shows.

Thanks
Eddy,
Could you please Upload more detailed Pictures? :)

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2023, 09:08:24 PM »
Okay, show you later

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2023, 03:24:22 AM »
Dear All:

First we really thanks for the supporting of all the members.

Now we accept the pre-order for the frame New Enduro Mold FS838.

Product Descriptions:

Model NO.   FS838
Size   29er*S/M/L/XL (16/17.5/19/21)
Rear Shox CC   205*65mm
Axle Spec.   148*12mm
Seat Post   31.6mm
Headset   1 1/8 to 1 1/2, Tapered
Max tires   29er*2.4''
Disc brake   203mm post mount 
Frame travel   front 170mm, rear 160mm
Bottom bracket   BSA 73mm

The groupbuy order pre-order is USD999/set not included the shipping fee.
Item included frame, thru axle, clamp and chain protection decal.

Please contact us to confirm the size and color you need.

eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Many thanks
Best regards
Haidelibikes