Author Topic: Lexon GFX Carbon Gravel Bike Frame Build  (Read 9417 times)

kubabike

Re: Lexon GFX Carbon Gravel Bike Frame Build
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 01:34:26 AM »

As I remember my bearing was sitting much deeper onto the cone, +/- in halfway of its height. You have wrong sized bearing. Did you tried to change with the upper one? Mine both bearings were the same size.

I had a problem with not enough stack height of bearings/ upper cone. The headset cover came into a contact with frame head first and as a result fork developed play. I ve made a 3mm spacer and it fixed everything.

RDY

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2022, 05:09:18 AM »
I think that’s the right fork but you need a different sized bearing. Whether you want to use that fork is up to you. I doubt you’ll get a refund unless there is visible damage to the fork.

It has many small cracks, fissures, poor joins, creases, bad scoring from what looks like a power sander being used, and that messy hole for the cables.  I'd call that damage.

Also I pinged Gavin at TopCarbon with this thread.  He said he'd look into it.  Hopefully they take it seriously.

pearl

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2022, 06:22:54 AM »
As I remember my bearing was sitting much deeper onto the cone, +/- in halfway of its height. You have wrong sized bearing. Did you tried to change with the upper one? Mine both bearings were the same size.

I had a problem with not enough stack height of bearings/ upper cone. The headset cover came into a contact with frame head first and as a result fork developed play. I ve made a 3mm spacer and it fixed everything.

I was told by Lexon that the bearings were the same size, I tried other ones in the parts bin and they all acted the same, stuck on this point.

pearl

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 06:24:07 AM »
I was told by Lexon that the bearings were the same size, I tried other ones in the parts bin and they all acted the same, stuck on this point.

I'm currently in the refund process, via message they are saying to cancel the dispute and the will send "at once", but wont tell me what that means. I feel if I cancel it, I lose any type of leverage and they will just screw me over... They did say I could return it, but I'm sure I have to ship it back... right?

RDY

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2022, 07:07:26 AM »
I'm currently in the refund process, via message they are saying to cancel the dispute and the will send "at once", but wont tell me what that means. I feel if I cancel it, I lose any type of leverage and they will just screw me over... They did say I could return it, but I'm sure I have to ship it back... right?

Gavin at TopCarbon said he has asked the retailer to "handle it well ASAP" and will look into the issues that caused this to arise - hopefully he will.

pearl

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »
Lexon messaged me saying tey will ship it "at once if you cancel the dispute", so I did. Lets see if they are true to their word!

RDY

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2022, 01:50:00 PM »
Lexon messaged me saying tey will ship it "at once if you cancel the dispute", so I did. Lets see if they are true to their word!

I'd ask them to send a photo of the new fork's steerer, to make sure you're getting something acceptable. 

pearl

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2022, 02:14:25 PM »
At a minimum the bearing should sit flush!

00Garza

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2022, 04:48:10 PM »
Hope this gets sorted out for you. Keep us updated. It’ll be good info to have on how this vendor handled this.

pearl

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2022, 06:30:31 AM »
Only update I got yesterday was "we will send it soon"... I guess when they said they would ship it "at once" is different from what I expected...

pearl

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2022, 09:16:54 AM »
Was asked to "polish" it again and told them if they dont send me a new fork like they said they would, I would file a dispute.

The fact that a vendor things that "polishing" or sanding is a solution is insane...

RDY

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2022, 01:32:44 PM »
Polishing out cracks, voids and wrinkles in the steerer.  That's a good one ...

pearl

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2022, 02:07:54 PM »
I’m going to go with a bad translation to sand so that the bearing slides down, but it’s not even close to fitting…

acedeuce802

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2022, 09:49:44 PM »
That's a shame.  I'm hoping mine doesn't have the same issues when it comes in, but definitely writing Lexon off after hearing your experience.  Do you still have the "open a dispute" button?  I've heard conflicting info, some say you can only open a dispute once, and others say that you can reopen disputes if the buyer protection hasn't run out.

pearl

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2022, 10:33:51 AM »
It looks like I could still open the dispute if need be.

They have replied back every time within 24 hours... Not sure if you can chalk it up to me asking for a matte/unpainted version and issues coming up from that or what, but if they make it right in a timely manner that is what is important to me. Mistakes happen. If they send this replacement fork out and expedite the shipping (not wait 50+ days) and it works, I'm okay with it.