Author Topic: Lexon GFX Carbon Gravel Bike Frame Build  (Read 9422 times)

kubabike

Re: Lexon GFX Carbon Gravel Bike Frame Build
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2022, 04:42:18 AM »
I opened the dispute for the second time, as I couldn't reach an agreement with the seller. I asked for 50 USD refund and they do not responded. Aliexpress agreed to to this and I waiting for ~ 50 usd of refund.

pearl

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2022, 12:23:03 PM »
Did they just not send everything? I'm curious if I'll have the same problem, sadly i cant check until I have a working fork...

00Garza

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2022, 08:18:07 PM »
Sorry to hear. Are you planning to get another fork from a different vendor to complete the build?

pearl

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2022, 09:06:26 PM »
Lexon just messaged me that it should ship today or tomorrow, let’s just hope they expedite the shipping!

pearl

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2022, 11:43:33 AM »
I was told it was shipped today, tracking is yet to be updated. Lexon did say they made sure a bearing fit over the steerer tube, so it "should" be right!

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2022, 01:07:23 PM »
That’s good to hear, Lexon has seemed like a convenient option in the gravel space with this frame and it would’ve been unfortunate to have to completely write them off. Hopefully this was a one time mistake….

ENEP

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2022, 06:35:46 AM »
Any updates?

pearl

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2022, 02:49:18 PM »
Fork is out for delivery! waiting patiently on the porch...

if it's good to go ill be dropping it off tomorrow to get the hydraulic lines plumbed and maybe get it back in a week or so?

pearl

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2022, 05:10:47 PM »
I knew this would happen….

This looks right at least, but not the matte fork I asked for.

pearl

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2022, 06:50:25 PM »
Also, it looks like the integrated bar will be too long of a reach, so I’ll have to run a standard stem. Does anyone see any issue with running the cables like this?

acedeuce802

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2022, 09:24:20 PM »
Two things I can think of.  It's obviously less pretty than fully integrated (a 3D printed spacer that covered the holes in the headset would be cool).  You wouldn't want water to get in because that would lead directly into the lower headset bearing.  I think the FSA ACR headset that's made for non-integrated cockpits uses rubber seals.

Sorry to hear that it's not the paint that you requested.

pearl

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2022, 08:51:24 AM »
So I stayed up last night on AliExpress messaging Lexon, they eventually said that they shipped out the replacement fork with the right color, but didn't provide a tracking. I asked them to send DHL or UPS, I don't want to wait another month for a fork.

The whole process has left a sour taste in my mouth and I really just want to give up on this whole project which is a bummer.

00Garza

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2022, 02:10:14 PM »
On the bright side, you seem to have the bearing issue fixed! lol!

But oh man...thats pretty terrible service. I don't blame you for losing all excitement for this build. I'll make sure to not give them my business if I build a gravel frame. Thanks for sharing your experience.

pearl

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2022, 02:37:05 PM »
I think the only other frame that would fit my 4'11 wife is the Squid Gravtron, just the total opposite of a lightweight carbon frame though!

stumpym4

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2022, 05:07:34 PM »
I wouldnt be too happy with the outcome on the forks, pretty poor showing by the company ... Lets just piss off the new customer, not once but twice ! Kinda puts me off ordering from the smaller Chinese companies , ... Good luck with getting it sorted