Author Topic: Lexon GFX Carbon Gravel Bike Frame Build  (Read 9573 times)

pearl

Re: Lexon GFX Carbon Gravel Bike Frame Build
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2022, 08:53:44 AM »
Lexon said they shipped two days ago, didn't give a tracking number.

When I asked for the tracking number last night, the message was read and not replied to.

Since it's past 15 days, I can no longer open a dispute on the original order of the frame. This is a mess.

pearl

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2022, 01:05:52 PM »
I think what makes this worse is I can see when the vendor reads my emails and does not reply to me.

pearl

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2022, 10:29:12 PM »
So I was offered a $30 refund to keep the fork, but the more I thought about it, the more I was upset with the customer service. No news on my end from 3/22 about a replacement, so I finalized my dispute with American Express. Hopefully I at least get my money back.

Sadly between DIYCarbonBikes and this Lexon vendor, I've really had bad luck with everyone except Peter at XMIPlay. Lets hope that my Velobuild is a little smoother, that shipped out today!

saintrider

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2022, 03:26:41 AM »
I knew this would happen….

This looks right at least, but not the matte fork I asked for.

The short fix .....Take the fork Out....buy a CAN of 2K Matte ClearCoat. mask the fork tube, lightly wet sand the fork. Apply one coat of Clear, wait 5 min, apply second coat of clear. Wait 24h. Matte Fork.

Keep the replacement fork as spare when it arrives.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 03:28:23 AM by saintrider »

pearl

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2022, 06:27:01 AM »
That would be a nice solution, except I have to send the mistake fork back first before they do it. That is ridiculous that I have to wait even longer for their SECOND mistake...

00Garza

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2022, 10:27:21 AM »
So I was offered a $30 refund to keep the fork, but the more I thought about it, the more I was upset with the customer service. No news on my end from 3/22 about a replacement, so I finalized my dispute with American Express. Hopefully I at least get my money back.

Sadly between DIYCarbonBikes and this Lexon vendor, I've really had bad luck with everyone except Peter at XMIPlay. Lets hope that my Velobuild is a little smoother, that shipped out today!

Sorry to hear about this. I just read up on your DIYcarbonbikes experience. I almost bought some wheels from there. Glad I didn't! I had a good experience with velobuild. Hoping you do too.

pearl

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2022, 12:39:06 PM »
Man, that was 4 months of my life I'd never get back...

acedeuce802

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2022, 06:02:52 PM »
Do you have pictures of the lower headset bearing sitting on your second fork? Curious how similar it is to the fork I got, I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to get a replacement from them. Did you end up getting your money back through your credit card?

pearl

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2022, 06:37:41 AM »
AMEX says it is expected to be resolved today, but who knows...

Here is the original photos with the original fork:

00Garza

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2022, 03:03:41 PM »
AMEX says it is expected to be resolved today, but who knows...

Here is the original photos with the original fork:

I think he's asking if the bearings fit properly on the second fork they sent you. The one with the incorrect paint job. Or did you need a different bearing?

acedeuce802

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2022, 06:15:36 PM »
I think he's asking if the bearings fit properly on the second fork they sent you. The one with the incorrect paint job. Or did you need a different bearing?

Yeah that's what I was curious about. Because the installed pic of the painted fork on the matte frame looks like there's still a decent gap between the chamfer and the lower bearing.

pearl

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2022, 06:15:11 AM »

he confirmed both headset bearings should be the same, so if that is the case...

pearl

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »
Also annoyed that I can't leave feedback since it's been 30 days, so I will have to keep making sure this thread stays relevant so it comes up on google searches.

00Garza

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2022, 02:21:00 PM »
Were you able to get a refund or settle things with vendor?

pearl

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2022, 06:30:21 AM »
Yup, I just got an email this morning from AMEX that I was fully refunded, so this chapter can now be closed. Not sure what I will do with this frame now though, maybe just leave it as a reminder to always use AMEX for these types of purchases!