Author Topic: Speeder SC-R48  (Read 28205 times)

Tines

Re: Speeder SC-R48
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2023, 04:45:14 AM »
My frameset is ready to be shipped. Let's see how long it takes until it arrives.
It's a size 490 in carbon gloss, not sure if I'll build it up though. But I'll make pictures of the frameset and what came with it.
Why is that?

Tines, what other components did you have to buy? This is my first build so I'm actually not sure which pieces I might be missing.

I'll be ordering the frame and a seat post.

I'm not sure about the headset sizing and dimensions.
Just the usual stuff, I ordered the FSA headset from speeder.
I’ve also bought foam for internal routing to prevent noise but the sc-r-52d apparently has this carbon tube inserted. So let’s see what I get.

Trilobite

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2023, 06:07:54 AM »
Why is that?
I ordered another frameset (Elilee Blize) in the meantime so I'm probably not going to need the SC-R48D.

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2023, 03:06:49 PM »
Justin hasn't responded to my inquiries for couple of days now. I assume this is because of the Chinesse New Year holiday.

I did notice that the SC-R48 geometry is just slightly different than Winspace SLC 2.0 geometry. Has anyone confirmed whether Speeder makes this frames for Winspace or is Speeder just copying Winspace's frame?

I am making my decision based on high quality of Winspace frames as reviewed by Hambini. So if SC-R48 is not the SLC 2.0 then that may change my decision.

Tines

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2023, 10:27:34 PM »
Justin hasn't responded to my inquiries for couple of days now. I assume this is because of the Chinesse New Year holiday.

I did notice that the SC-R48 geometry is just slightly different than Winspace SLC 2.0 geometry. Has anyone confirmed whether Speeder makes this frames for Winspace or is Speeder just copying Winspace's frame?

I am making my decision based on high quality of Winspace frames as reviewed by Hambini. So if SC-R48 is not the SLC 2.0 then that may change my decision.
I can’t give you more info about this.
But the 48d also has a different fork than the SLC 2.0.
I also think  the pictures in this thread will be the first „independent“ ones of the 48d.
Trilobites is probably the first to arrive, mine is still waiting for flight.

Trilobite

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2023, 05:06:41 AM »
My frame was shipped last week (UPS) and is currently out for delivery. I expect it to arrive this evening. I'll do some pictures, weigh all the parts and put back everything in the box again. If someone is interested in it (size 490), let me know.

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2023, 11:48:41 AM »
My frame was shipped last week (UPS) and is currently out for delivery. I expect it to arrive this evening. I'll do some pictures, weigh all the parts and put back everything in the box again. If someone is interested in it (size 490), let me know.

Looking forward to the photos! I am currently trying to decide on this frame so please take plenty  :D

Trilobite

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2023, 12:11:59 PM »
Here are some pics. It's a nice frame. And since made with EPS, there is no wrinkling and bladder remaining in the frame. Frame weight is including 4 bottle cage bolts and both derailleur hangers (ca. 40g plus ca. 20-30g for clearcoat). Bare frame without paint will be around 810-820g.

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2023, 12:24:30 PM »
Thank you so much for the photos. I don't see anything that standsout in terms of issue. BB looks decent.

Did they have cable route guide? I don't see anything coming out on the rear for rear disc brake nor through the fork.

Can you take a picture showing the bottom side of the BB?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2023, 12:25:40 PM »
Yeah, looks like a beautiful frame  :)

svanimpe

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2023, 02:10:20 PM »
The rear brake mount looks painted over. I'd definitely have that faced before you install the brake caliper.

Yunglord

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2023, 09:21:38 PM »
Here are some pics. It's a nice frame. And since made with EPS, there is no wrinkling and bladder remaining in the frame. Frame weight is including 4 bottle cage bolts and both derailleur hangers (ca. 40g plus ca. 20-30g for clearcoat). Bare frame without paint will be around 810-820g.

If you are looking to sell it please let us know I'm sure some folks here would be interested.

Trilobite

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2023, 01:50:54 AM »
The brakes mounts were faced after they clearcoated the frame. But it looks as if they added the slightest amount of black paint. Don't know the reason behind it. I have a facing tool from Park Tool and I will clean the mounts. I'll make some pictures this evening to show how it looks.
Below the BB, there are guides for mechanical shifting. There are no cable routes for the rear brake hose but this is also not necessary IMHO. And yes, frame is for sale, I can ship worldwide.

radfactor

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2023, 05:13:49 PM »
Mind to share from where you order Elilee Blize frameset?
I ordered another frameset (Elilee Blize) in the meantime so I'm probably not going to need the SC-R48D.

Yunglord

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2023, 08:10:48 PM »
Mind to share from where you order Elilee Blize frameset?

Direct from their instagram or email.

patliean1

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2023, 03:18:14 PM »

I recently got my hands on Elilee's newly released OSPW system. Not cheap, but absolutely night and day quality versus the typical $50-$65 AliX OSPWs...