Author Topic: Skywing Carbon - Anyone Heard of Them?  (Read 1486 times)

patliean1

Skywing Carbon - Anyone Heard of Them?
« on: February 25, 2022, 06:11:42 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/skywing.carbon/

What I've gathered from both their Instagram and a couple of conversations, Skywing Carbon is another OEM supplier based in Xiamen China. They told me they do single D2C orders, but I suspect their main objective is to find global dealers/partners for private branding (think Speeder for Montecci/Winspace).

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of them before or have any insight who they may supply for.

They quoted me:
Raw frame $515
Painting frame $598

Interesting enough, in the frame geometry image they purposely blurred out some details of what I assume is a particular bike brand LoL

patliean1

Re: Skywing Carbon - Anyone Heard of Them?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 06:19:31 PM »
Also...is it just me, or are all these D2C frames starting to look the same? Are they just mostly coming from the same factories, but but being represented by different sales agents?

Before getting into cycling, I had considered starting a private label custom suit business. After speaking with about 5 or 6 different agents on WhatsApp I determined based on the cloths, buttons, and suiting styles that the majority of these agents were working out the same factory. Or at the very least factories in the same city or even same street.

jannmayer

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 01:07:12 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if many of these"brands"are selling the same frames. You need quite a few frames of each size to pay off the molds and I don't imagine there are enough direct customers to make it worthwhile for all of them. It would be interesting to know which seller are directly associated with the factories and which are just resellers.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 01:49:38 AM »
Also...is it just me, or are all these D2C frames starting to look the same? Are they just mostly coming from the same factories, but but being represented by different sales agents?

Before getting into cycling, I had considered starting a private label custom suit business. After speaking with about 5 or 6 different agents on WhatsApp I determined based on the cloths, buttons, and suiting styles that the majority of these agents were working out the same factory. Or at the very least factories in the same city or even same street.

Private label exists at every level in any industry. Sarto makes frames for brands like WyndyMilla, Heroin, Condor etc. just like how Caruso makes/used to make suits for Ralph Lauren Purple Label and Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece among others.

RDY

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 06:25:21 AM »
My search only returned the Instagram account.  Any serious OEM is going to have a proper website and catalogue.  Do they have another name?

patliean1

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 10:18:02 AM »
Any serious OEM is going to have a proper website and catalogue.  Do they have another name?

That's a very great point. You would think with all of the other OEM suppliers out there, these folks would be more competent in starting up.

1Sigma

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 05:13:57 PM »
Yea, they approached me as well to convince me to buy 1 unit to test (at my expense of course)
I wonder if they are just a new company that doesn’t have their B2C presence thought out.

Likely they go by another name officially and are based out of Xiamen, amongst the sea of carbon fibre manufacturing plants.

Haven’t looked at the geo at all m, but would not be at all surprised if it is just another “open-mould” manufacturer.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 09:39:35 PM by 1Sigma »
Better than average - Extra Average

patliean1

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022, 05:48:36 PM »
(at my expense of course)

Hilarious and sad at the same time. Talk about being 100% manufacturing and nothing else...

patliean1

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 06:21:21 PM »
LoL has anyone else been harassed by them on Instagram yet? I think they've gone quiet.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 09:49:13 PM »
LoL has anyone else been harassed by them on Instagram yet? I think they've gone quiet.

I don’t think these guys are legitimate. Their third most recent IG pic is lifted from Builder Reserve who are one of the most high end Chinese cycling brands. They also lifted frame pics from Kung, a Chinese complete bike brand. At the end of the day, most of these anonymous “suppliers” are really just wholesale traders rather than actual OEM connected brands. If they weren’t selling bikes they’d be selling clothes or fashion accessories or whatever
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 09:58:11 PM by StiffWeenies »

patliean1

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 09:07:25 AM »
I don’t think these guys are legitimate. Their third most recent IG pic is lifted from Builder Reserve who are one of the most high end Chinese cycling brands. They also lifted frame pics from Kung, a Chinese complete bike brand. At the end of the day, most of these anonymous “suppliers” are really just wholesale traders rather than actual OEM connected brands. If they weren’t selling bikes they’d be selling clothes or fashion accessories or whatever

This is why you're the greatest on the forum!

Matt_C

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2022, 09:10:51 AM »
Looks like a frame from topcarbon.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 01:11:06 PM »

You're far too kind. My impact is small potatoes compared to one of the best cycling content creators out there!

1Sigma

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 04:48:33 PM »

Yea, SW is quickly becoming my source of informed industry insight
Better than average - Extra Average

patliean1

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2022, 08:49:44 AM »
Yea, SW is quickly becoming my source of informed industry insight

Can’t forget about you as well!