Author Topic: Sensah SRX 2x??  (Read 1656 times)

00Garza

Sensah SRX 2x??
« on: March 14, 2022, 11:38:03 AM »
Does anyone know if Sensah SRX can be run 2x? Could I use Empire shifters with the SRX rear mech?

acedeuce802

Re: Sensah SRX 2x??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 09:22:47 PM »
Just curious, what makes the SRX derailleur special that would make you want to use it, with Empire shifters and front derailleur, why not just use a 2x11 Empire groupset?  The SRX derailleur isn't clutched or anything special, but I don't know what differences it has from the Empire derailleur.  What I do know, is that the most information on Sensah groupsets is the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/sensah/ maybe there's info in there already.  I know there was a big compatibility post, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

Here's some info https://www.reddit.com/r/bikewrench/comments/qj6t90/sensah_empiresrx_gravel_build_mix_match/
If true, Empire and SRX have the same cable pull.

00Garza

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 09:46:52 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on that group!

No clutch on the rear mech, but it does have an adjustable spring tensioner that should help mitigate chain slap. Don’t think the empire mech has that.

Txapa80

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 01:50:57 AM »
Hello,

I ran an SRX groupset but I didn't like the massive steps in between gears running 1x, so I bought a empire left hand shifter and a derailleur.
After asking in a group someone told me the RH shifter is the same just with a different name on it.
The rear derailleur a part from the adjustable spring it is a quite longer cage, apparently it can take up to 52t cassette ( i only use with a 46t) and the empire can take up to 34t.

Now with the 2x I use a 36t cassette and it will quite better than with the 46t.

Have a good ride

00Garza

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 09:07:12 AM »
Thanks for the input! I’ve heard about the shifters being the same. I wonder if the SRX lever can just be modified to work with 2x or if getting empire shifter is easier.

Txapa80

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 03:21:43 AM »
Hi there,

I found a deal in aliexpress for $50 for the LH shifter and the front derailleur, for that price it's not worthy to spend your time trying to find the part required and install the parts on the shifter to make the SRX shifter work as a 2x, at least for me. The only downside it is that I hate to have different logos on the shifters.

00Garza

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 08:24:01 AM »
Makes sense. Thanks so much for your help!