Author Topic: Christmas in March!  (Read 756 times)

1Sigma

Christmas in March!
« on: March 18, 2022, 09:17:38 AM »
I just bought a bunch of parts and junk from a mainland distributor.  A bunch are just consumables for me or for a build for a friend, while others are for resale locally (like on FB markets or something)

Check it out!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 08:36:50 AM by 1Sigma »

Better than average - Extra Average

1Sigma

Re: Christmas in March!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »
The parts arrived!

No designs to sell specifically on Chinertown, but if anyone is interested in anything, let me know!

kbike

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 03:29:51 PM »
I didn't buy oil slick rotors cause I wondered if the rotors would look weird or inconsistent after braking. Are you building a 1x gravel? What centerlock adapters do you use? Think I have same metal cages think 20-22g. They are tight fit I never worry about loosing a bottle.  You got over 200 end caps now.  :o

1Sigma

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 04:23:11 PM »
I didn't buy oil slick rotors cause I wondered if the rotors would look weird or inconsistent after braking. Are you building a 1x gravel? What centerlock adapters do you use? Think I have same metal cages think 20-22g. They are tight fit I never worry about loosing a bottle.  You got over 200 end caps now.  :o

Correction! 1,000 cap ends!
I am thinking about converting my commuter/winter beater into a 1X gravel.  If not, I have an LTWOO 10-speed group i am considering using. 

I'm not concerned about braking being affected by the oil slick finish, but if i notice any issues I'll report back.
I was a little concerned about light weight rotor performance of the BLOOKE rotors, so I also bought the IIIPRO rotors I currently use in oil slick.
Interesting note: the BLOOKE rotors are just IIIPRO rotors with BLOOKE sticker slapped on thr package.

For adapters, I just use thr ZRACE ones.  I suspect they are all the same, just rebadged for different brands.

I currently use carbon fiber bottle holders, but the alloy ones are also plenty light. Also, as you might notice, it's on theme.

What i am really excited for are the Schwalbes. 
I cannot find 28mm tan Pro One tubeless anywhere!  I was a little suspicious when I noticed  a sticker that said "Salloy" on it and another sticker with the Schwalbe logo on it.
Turns our Salloy is the Taiwanese district or, and peeling off the Schwalbe sticker reveals that it says "Schwalbe" on the box.  The sticker just has the Chinese word name for Schwalbe as well.

I was able to mount them onto the DRIVE wheels by hand
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 05:10:42 AM by 1Sigma »