Chinese Carbon MTB > Metal Frames

Himalo Frames?

(1/23) > >>

SnowDrifter:
Curious if anyone has any experience with these. They caught my eye when poking around at cheap metal full suspension frames with room in the triangle. I can't find much info on the frame itself, but the same brand of forks seem to be fondly spoken of with respect to budget options.

I want full suspension for an ebike build. My current hard tail rides a bit rough over bumps when I'm at speed. So I'm on the hunt for a sub $600 frame that is not carbon fiber

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33037737225.html

stumpym4:
watching with interest, as looks a half decent frame

SnowDrifter:
I stumbled across the odd e-bike build with it, as well as some very close derivative frames. Or at least frames that use some of the same base tubes. While I've not seen anyone openly raving about it, I've also not been able to find any complaints.

I went ahead and ordered one. Will keep everyone updated

Boybiskit:
Very interested to see how this works out as a potential alternative to a used frame for my son... if it can handle the abuse!

I couldn't see what the travel is. Any ideas? The geometry looks OK, and seems to assume a 130mm-150mm ish fork.

SnowDrifter:
Frame showed up yesterday

Initial impressions: Feels pretty solid. Seat tube is 1.8" aluminum. Other sections are 1/4"

All pivots are sealed ball bearings like what you would find in a skateboard

no rattles or loose bits in the frame

The frame was tweaked about 2mm in shipping. Unknown if this will cause issue or not. Going to build it this weekend and determine more at that point.

Welds all check out. Some of the finish work regarding the paint isn't perfect, but it's nothing I'm concerned about either, especially in the context of a $300 frame.

Included headset is actually pretty good quality. Sealed bearing variety. Press-fit parts all have good tolerance.

The seller indicated that the fork should be 120-160mm, so I'm guessing it was designed around 140. I'll be putting a 160 on it.

Rear travel measures out at approx 130mm

My largest complaint during assembly was on one of the rear pivot arm for the suspension. There are some included shims for the bearings that are a bit fiddly to install.

Included hardware feels a bit cheap, not certain if it's stainless or just chrome plated. But it's nothing that appears proprietary. Looks like m4/m5 hardware.

I am concerned about the rear derailleur hangar. The positioning of the bolt holes appears that it might have a propensity to snap instead of bending. This isn't inherently a bad thing, however, I've been unable to locate a replacement for it thusfar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version