Author Topic: Himalo Frames?  (Read 16191 times)

MTBKeo

Re: Himalo Frames?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2022, 01:35:00 PM »
if anyone need a replacement derailleur hanger it's wheel manufacturing #309

cybrsrce

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2022, 01:57:47 PM »
if anyone need a replacement derailleur hanger it's wheel manufacturing #309

Nice!
Hey, did your frame only come with one cable clip on the drive side rear triangle?

The non drive side has a tapped hole and I'm going to flip it over there since I don't have a shift cable.  Curious if it was just me.

MTBKeo

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2022, 01:59:39 PM »
mine is missing too

Rconroy

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2022, 03:51:53 PM »
got one recently, took 4 days to get.

It was the 17" 27.5 version, with a 140mm fork the HTA measured 65.5, STA 76.5. I ran a 210x50mm shock and measured the rear travel 133.36mm.

Bike rides good, pedal like any trail bike with a Horst Link suspension.

How is the acceleration and support through rougher terrain?

MTBKeo

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2022, 08:20:30 PM »
bike stayed compose and didn't loose any traction

cybrsrce

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2022, 08:17:07 PM »
Getting ready for the first ride tomorrow and this happened when doing a bolt check.  I didn't even get to 8nm.

I had a smilar linkage pivot bolt (steel I think) to use, should do the job for now.  Going to look into some stronger replacements.

Looks presentable from the outside.

MTBKeo

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2022, 07:38:13 AM »
I was going to post that, I didn't tighten mine until i realized before my second ride and it broke. I contacted the seller and they said they were going to send one out. I has a spare bolt of a ISCG bash kit, so I know that it's M8x1.0 10mm.

cybrsrce

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
I was going to post that, I didn't tighten mine until i realized before my second ride and it broke. I contacted the seller and they said they were going to send one out. I has a spare bolt of a ISCG bash kit, so I know that it's M8x1.0 10mm.

Did you buy from the "HIMALO Store" - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101259771 ?
Just curious since I asked them about purchasing a replacement and an extra set of the whole bolt kit, I haven't heard anything back yet.  I'm looking to grab another 19" soon so if you used a different vendor I'd love to know.

Otherwise first ride was actually much better than I expected.  It was quiet, active, relatively stiff rear triangle, pedals extremely well for its girth, and the BB is miles higher than the AM831frame I had before.  Perfect for East Coast jank.

MTBKeo

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2022, 08:18:12 PM »
yup, same store. I seen it for a lot cheaper these days from other vendors but with a 2 month wait period.

I'm currently under forked (140MM), I plan on swapping the air spring to a 160mm soon and will see how much better the bottom bracket height is.

did you see this frame in store? I'm interested in it also
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801446558468.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.hotSpots_6000348636135.0&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

MTBKeo

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2022, 08:35:23 PM »
Think we should make a new thread just for this frame? so people won't mix it up with the QR version

Rconroy

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2022, 11:36:08 PM »
I havent been able to find the older QR version in a minute. Do they even still make it?

cybrsrce

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2022, 06:18:51 AM »
yup, same store. I seen it for a lot cheaper these days from other vendors but with a 2 month wait period.

Yeah, another store had one for about half the price but then $130 shipping or something and a long lead time.  It was worth it to get it in like 10 days for what was about $50 more.

I'm currently under forked (140MM), I plan on swapping the air spring to a 160mm soon and will see how much better the bottom bracket height is.

I have a 140mm Lyrik and it sits really high, A2C is close to 570mm, plus I'm on 29 so it has really good ground clearance.

did you see this frame in store? I'm interested in it also
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801446558468.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.hotSpots_6000348636135.0&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Interesting.  With the bolts and configuration it looks like a predecessor to the frame we have.

Think we should make a new thread just for this frame? so people won't mix it up with the QR version

Probably.  Share a big build thread for the few of us that will grab one. 

I havent been able to find the older QR version in a minute. Do they even still make it?

Not from what I believe is the official store, but I did find some aliexpress or ebay sellers with it.  With so many similarly priced carbon options an alloy non-boost QR version doesn't really have a chance. 

MTBKeo

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2022, 10:16:05 AM »

scourge

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2022, 04:28:10 PM »
$320 with free shipping seems too good to be true. I can wait for delivery no problem if it's legit. I don't want to get scammed, though.

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been thinking about replacing the AM831 I have. I like how it rides but I have terrible creaks I can't seem to get rid of, and I don't want to keep throwing money at it chasing them.

This could be a good cheap replacement. Cyber, where you able to port everything over from your other frame? Besides the bottom bracket of course. The only thing about this frame that is concerning is the short reach. 450mm is rough. Maybe with the slack seat tube it's not bad? How tall are you Cyber? I would be on a 19" 29er also.

Please  give more impressions whenever you guys have them. Thanks.

cybrsrce

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2022, 05:23:44 PM »
$320 with free shipping seems too good to be true. I can wait for delivery no problem if it's legit. I don't want to get scammed, though.

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been thinking about replacing the AM831 I have. I like how it rides but I have terrible creaks I can't seem to get rid of, and I don't want to keep throwing money at it chasing them.

I bought one today with the 40DEAL $40 off coupon and some other misc discounts ended up being $415 and will be here in 7-10 days.  Worth it over the savings to me.  This one is actually to specifically replace the AM831 that my son has been riding.  The awful creak mine developed was because one of the BB bearings was totally seized while the other was just about there.  Made the creaking noise even without pedaling.

This could be a good cheap replacement. Cyber, where you able to port everything over from your other frame? Besides the bottom bracket of course. The only thing about this frame that is concerning is the short reach. 450mm is rough. Maybe with the slack seat tube it's not bad? How tall are you Cyber? I would be on a 19" 29er also.

Please  give more impressions whenever you guys have them. Thanks.

As for moving things over you'll need a 30.9 seat post/dropper, BB is threaded BSA, headset is a ZS44/55, and at least a 32mm shock hardware kit or some shims.  First frame came with headset and shock hardware which you may be able to use.  Everything else slaps right on.

This frame makes a much more compact trail bike.  I built it with a 60mm stem and a lower rise bar and it is pretty comfortable.  It felt a little weird getting out of the saddle the first time, more like a CX or gravel bike.  That said, if they offered an XL along the same size scale that would probably have been absolutely spot on.  I'm 6'1" and I'm usually at the cusp of XL but prefer L to throw the bike around.