Author Topic: Yoeleo G21 - Yoeleo's New Gravel Frameset  (Read 3243 times)

patliean1

Yoeleo G21 - Yoeleo's New Gravel Frameset
« on: March 31, 2022, 07:29:10 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I just finished my Yoeleo G21 gravel build. The design is new from Yoeleo, and I was fortunate to be an early adopter. This Saturday I'm entering a road race (Rough 100) which consists of 90% road and 10% gravel, so I'm running 32c slicks as everyone else. Will report back next week. Happy answer any questions!

Frame: Yoeleo G21 (Size Large)
Wheels: Enve G23/Chris King Hubs (1350g)
Groupset: R8000/R7000
Tires: Specialized Roubaix Pro 32c
Pedals: Look Keo (for road)
Power Meter: 4iiii crank arm
Carbon Saddle: Prime Bike
Total Weight: 8kg without pedals

hazzer19

Re: Yoeleo G21 - Yoeleo's New Gravel Frameset
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 02:14:45 AM »
Looks amazing!

svanimpe

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 05:24:14 AM »
Does anyone know who manufactures this? Is it also from Miracle?

FHS

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 10:04:02 AM »
Beautiful bike!

Just wondering about gravel racing in general. On a 90% road, 10% gravel course, how much of an advantage can you expect to have riding a dedicated gravel bike versus a dedicated road bike with some modifications for the 10% gravel portion of the race?

RDY

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 11:59:27 AM »
The number of builds you do is insane!

Curious how it rides.  Still disappointed by the shit show with Lexon / Top carbon 066 ... geo on that is perfect

patliean1

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 07:51:21 PM »
Just wondering about gravel racing in general. On a 90% road, 10% gravel course, how much of an advantage can you expect to have riding a dedicated gravel bike versus a dedicated road bike with some modifications for the 10% gravel portion of the race?

I debated all week whether or not I should put those wheels/tire combo on my Dengu R12 instead, since that's my backup crit bike and it has clearance for 32c tires.

In the end I chose this gravel setup for the following reasons:

-Comfort. While it is a sanctioned road race, I'm basically treating it as a fast group ride.
-Gearing. My Dengfu R12 is setup with 52/36t crank and 11-28t cassette. Not exactly great for climbing. The Yoeleo is 50/34t with 11-34t.
-Most people seem to be running either a gravel or CX frame, with anywhere between 28 to 35c tires.
-The race organizers just changed the route earlier today and I suspect there's now gonna be more than 10% gravel.
-It's supposed to rain tomorrow.  :(

All in all...I'm just curious to see how this Yoeleo and Enve setup will perform on faster rides. Sure I'll be using it for longer gravel days in the summer, but those types of rides prioritize comfort over performance. It will be rare I get to full gas my gravel bike for 100km   8)

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2022, 10:20:40 AM »
Just curious, where did you get the groupset from ?
No shop I usually buy from have any in stock for weeks/months.

patliean1

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2022, 06:22:38 PM »

I find solid deals locally on FB or eBay pretty frequently. The key is jumping on them as soon as they are listed.

s3si1u

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 02:35:13 PM »

Usually not too difficult to find online. If you're up for a scavenger hunt and perhaps a used part or two, you can piece them together from different sources. I've been doing just this with my last 3 builds and I even saved a bit of money AND have a box full of bits and components that will serve me well for future builds.
Instagram: @aerosloth

carbonazza

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 07:49:26 AM »
Usually not too difficult to find online. If you're up for a scavenger hunt and perhaps a used part or two, you can piece them together from different sources. I've been doing just this with my last 3 builds and I even saved a bit of money AND have a box full of bits and components that will serve me well for future builds.

Stocks on the usual German/French/Spanish/Dutch bike shops start to look better recently.
Even Eagle chains are available !

patliean1

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 03:35:04 PM »
Finally...full review of my Yoeleo G21 gravel frameset and SAT C35|35 DB SL Offset CX/Gravel Wheels. I freaking love gravel now.

YouTube Title: Yoeleo G21 Gravel Bike Full Review - Love At First Gravel Road

patliean1

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 03:40:00 PM »
Some quick shots of my gravel setup. I originally was running ENVE G23 gravel wheels until my Yoeleo wheels arrived. Obviously...Yoeleo would prefer me to review their matching wheels.

kbike

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 05:02:26 PM »
Had a blast last weekend for the ten thousand. Did the 70 route.  It's really pushes you and your bike setup. It was perfect conditions.  Wish it was a closer trip to get out there. How was 34x34 for you? I ran 30x36. Never used the 36 but I had it incase those climbs just ko'd me.

patliean1

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2022, 05:13:38 PM »
Had a blast last weekend for the ten thousand. Did the 70 route.  It's really pushes you and your bike setup. It was perfect conditions.  Wish it was a closer trip to get out there. How was 34x34 for you? I ran 30x36. Never used the 36 but I had it incase those climbs just ko'd me.

We did the 70 mile route as well! Unfortunately two of our teammates took a spill at mile 3.9 at the bottom of that descent with the huge rocks (like a lot of people did) and needed stitches. I have a vlog coming out soon on all of that.

The 34x34 was fine, but did require me to still be at threshold on two or three of those crazy climbs. A 36t rear cog would have came in handy but not required.

kbike

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2022, 06:11:15 PM »
Sorry, about your friends. I rolled through the weeds there.  I was shocked how huge the stones were. Being at the bottom of a descent with tons of riders early didn't give much time to react.

I've always had issues with my current cx frame. Why I'm trying to figure out a replacement gravel frame. I do like the huge tire clearance on the g21 but not sure I'll use it. I ran the blue 38mm gk ss for 10x. If I did wet gravel rides I'd be happy to jump on the g21 for all the clearance not to cut up the stays.