Author Topic: SEKA Bikes? Out of contact?  (Read 6091 times)

jungian

SEKA Bikes? Out of contact?
« on: April 11, 2022, 11:10:18 PM »
Wondering if anyone has been able to get in contact with SEKA bikes or the cycling 100 Americas Distributor. I tried emailing them but haven't gotten any reply.

I recently built up a Velo Build vbr177 which feels a bit too long and low for me so I'm looking for something with slightly less aggressive geometry and also a more premium frame.

Also interested in hearing anyone's experience with their bikes.

Velovelo

Re: SEKA Bikes? Out of contact?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 12:31:07 AM »
Maybe try to message them on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/cycling100_official/

Velovelo

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 12:35:40 AM »
I recently built up a Velo Build vbr177 which feels a bit too long and low for me so I'm looking for something with slightly less aggressive geometry and also a more premium frame.

Have you tried a zero setback seatpost for your vbr177?

StiffWeenies

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 01:15:15 AM »
Jonathan was very responsive when I DMed him on IG

1Sigma

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 06:15:13 AM »
Wondering if anyone has been able to get in contact with SEKA bikes or the cycling 100 Americas Distributor. I tried emailing them but haven't gotten any reply.

How long ago?  As far as I know they are HQed in Shanghai, which is under lockdown
I mean, it’s just an email response, but their day-to-day would have been entirely disrupted.
Better than average - Extra Average

RDY

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 06:31:46 AM »
Never got any response directly from SEKA through any channels. All their sellers including C100 very responsive.

jungian

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 09:43:03 AM »
Thank you for all the replies, I just heard back from the main email. And they did say due to the lockdown in Shanghai there may be delays until May.

I haven't tried that yet but I'll see if I can find one. Thanks!

St0mpB0x

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 03:57:47 AM »
Thats generally a really bad way to adjust reach. While it will make your distance to the handlebars shorter, it'll tend to force more weight onto your hands and change your pedalling dynamics putting you at greater risk of anterior knee pain.

Velovelo

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 05:51:17 AM »
Thats generally a really bad way to adjust reach. While it will make your distance to the handlebars shorter, it'll tend to force more weight onto your hands and change your pedalling dynamics putting you at greater risk of anterior knee pain.

From experience of owning a vbr099 and a vbr177, the seatpost setback is an issue if not put into consideration when ordering the frame. For me the 099 seatpost setback is so backward that my knees does not track with the center of my pedals at 3 O'clock pedal position. I now run a zero setback seatpost on the vbr177 and this solved that issues and I have a perfect fit (Although my vbr177 stack is about 1-2cm lower compared to my vbr099 which I am ok with this stack).

He said the vbr177 frame "feels a bit too long and low". If I use a seatpost that has a setback on my current vbr177, it will definitely feel long and useless to me.
If his issue is similar to mine then he can try a zero setback 27.2 seatpost which is easy to borrow or buy to test, compared to the vbr099 proprietary seatpost. If it doesn't help then at least he tried it ;)

In my opinion there is no "generally - really bad way to adjust reach" or going about a bike fitting. You solve case by case bases, starting from the back side and then the front side of the bike.

Looking forward to a SEKA bike review soon!

St0mpB0x

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 03:34:58 AM »
You solve case by case bases, starting from the back side and then the front side of the bike.

This is basically the point I was making. Set your saddle setback where you want/need your saddle setback. THEN change stem length to get your desired/required reach. All too often I see people who seem to want a zero offset seatpost because their handlebars are too far away and not because their saddle position is bad.

patliean1

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 07:19:01 AM »
Saddle setback and saddle height should always be set first, and remain constant across all your bikes.
Don’t go messing up your knees…

Liter

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2022, 09:51:19 AM »
Why not try a shorter stem?

Irideslowly

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2022, 10:09:01 AM »
Short stems makes the handling twitchy. For me, anything below 80mm is unrideable.

Velovelo

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 07:59:44 AM »
Thank you for all the replies, I just heard back from the main email. And they did say due to the lockdown in Shanghai there may be delays until May.

I haven't tried that yet but I'll see if I can find one. Thanks!

How is the SEKA project going so far?

jungian

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 12:24:29 PM »
How is the SEKA project going so far?

Still waiting on the frame to be shipped, looks like the lockdown has caused quite a long delay. Currently looking into a separate stem and handlebar that would work well with the frame. I'll be sure to post an update when I receive the frame.