Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-218  (Read 114126 times)

Sebastian

Re: Velobuild VB-R-218
« Reply #855 on: September 16, 2024, 02:47:46 PM »
Of cousre its not rocket science... I was making sure I had the wrong stop... that I wasnt using the wrong cable housing.  I have the wrong part... now need to try to find the right stop.

That's annoying.
Aliexpress is full of different versions of cable stop inserts. Not sure whether all these will fit this frame, though. But the clip in variants should work?
Also, somebody in this thread posted a 3d-print-file for exactly this part. Try and look it up. That might be the quickest solution for you.

JonMS

« Reply #856 on: September 16, 2024, 06:34:28 PM »
That's annoying.
Aliexpress is full of different versions of cable stop inserts. Not sure whether all these will fit this frame, though. But the clip in variants should work?
Also, somebody in this thread posted a 3d-print-file for exactly this part. Try and look it up. That might be the quickest solution for you.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5552775

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #857 on: September 16, 2024, 08:37:10 PM »
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5552775

Oh thats an option....well I was looking at making it in brass of something. I would to need to re do that design to make it better.

I was also looking at these as an insert... https://www.amazon.com/Saiper-Bicycle-Housing-Ferrules-Derailleur/dp/B082YBN86J

I was also hoping vb gets back to the email I sent them too.

Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #858 on: September 17, 2024, 08:05:29 AM »
Chris from velobuild just got back to me.. it was 10 bucks to send 2 out.. I guess we will see.

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

JonMS

« Reply #859 on: September 17, 2024, 09:15:08 AM »
Chris from velobuild just got back to me.. it was 10 bucks to send 2 out.. I guess we will see.

I should still have my 2 from my frames since both bikes are AXS. I'd be willing to ship if you are USA

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #860 on: September 18, 2024, 09:46:37 PM »
I should still have my 2 from my frames since both bikes are AXS. I'd be willing to ship if you are USA

thanks...I appreciate it. but I  ordered two from VB lets see what I get first. also just came down a bad case of covid. so I am not doing anything for  another 8 days at the very least... got that paxlovid so I should be fine. knock on carbon...

gabbia

« Reply #861 on: September 24, 2024, 01:39:43 PM »
Frame arrived, 3 weeks from order to delivery with custom colour.
All the component were well protected and the paint job is ok.
All small parts included (ex. Garmin mount support)
The only part exposed was the derailleur ha ger that is now bent.
Anyone know if the Pinarello f derailleur hanger is compatible with vbr 218 frame?
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
US $27.96 | 1PC Bicycle Parts Mech Dropout For Pinarello Dogma F10 F12 FCX Focus Norco Team Scapin Stevens Eddy Merckx Derailleur Rd Hanger
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIVDg9F

From the pictures look quite the same,have anyone experienced with that?

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #862 on: September 24, 2024, 02:16:56 PM »
Frame arrived, 3 weeks from order to delivery with custom colour.
All the component were well protected and the paint job is ok.
All small parts included (ex. Garmin mount support)
The only part exposed was the derailleur ha ger that is now bent.
Anyone know if the Pinarello f derailleur hanger is compatible with vbr 218 frame?
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
US $27.96 | 1PC Bicycle Parts Mech Dropout For Pinarello Dogma F10 F12 FCX Focus Norco Team Scapin Stevens Eddy Merckx Derailleur Rd Hanger
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIVDg9F

From the pictures look quite the same,have anyone experienced with that?

That looks right if its the VB frame... I got 6 of them at the time of purchuse... just in case.

Who did you get the frame from? and how much?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 05:47:25 PM by Queen of Skulls »

gabbia

« Reply #863 on: September 25, 2024, 03:51:19 AM »
That looks right if its the VB frame... I got 6 of them at the time of purchuse... just in case.

Who did you get the frame from? and how much?
I purchased the frame from velibuil,size XXL rim brake.
Chris informed me that was the last one.
The price is listed on their website (frame+paint job+ shipping 500€)
I don't understand part of the derailleur hanger ,is the same of the Pinarello One?

JonMS

« Reply #864 on: September 25, 2024, 08:14:21 AM »
I purchased the frame from velibuil,size XXL rim brake.
Chris informed me that was the last one.
The price is listed on their website (frame+paint job+ shipping 500€)
I don't understand part of the derailleur hanger ,is the same of the Pinarello One?

Yes it's the same. You are only replacing the actual hanger as the threaded portion is specific to the 218 rear axle. OEM Pinarello has a different thread

gabbia

« Reply #865 on: September 26, 2024, 01:34:11 PM »
I finished my build.
Looking to the weekend for the test ride.
I have a question for you all.
I have the handlebar that always try to rotate on the right,like the internal cable push it to that side (rim brake frame)
Have anyone faced this issue,and have a tips to solve it?
I already try to change the rear brake cable length with no success

Serge_K

« Reply #866 on: September 26, 2024, 02:33:01 PM »
Usually that's because of the hoses inside. If they're not balanced on both sides of the steerer, that tends to happen. It's supremely annoying because you then have to undo the work you've done, sometimes you even have to pull hoses completely.
Internally routed bikes are a nightmare to work on. I don't want to ride anything else anymore because of vanity, but they're such a pain.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

Sebastian

« Reply #867 on: September 26, 2024, 02:45:09 PM »
I got the rim brake frame, too. I left the rear brake cable and housing as long as possible because I found that the upper headset compression ring can kink the housing when rotating the bars otherwise. In general I found that leaving enough excess length in the housing of all cables usually helps with freeing up steering. Too much however can cause problems too. So it’s trial and error I’m afraid.

gabbia

« Reply #868 on: September 27, 2024, 07:48:08 AM »
Situation improved by shortening the rear brake cable guide.
Here is my built
Frame: Velobuild 218 XXL rim brake ,120/42 handlebar
Brakes Shimano Ultegra r8000
Shifters ,front & rear derailleur Shimano 105 r7000 11 speed
Crank set Shimano 105 r7200
Chain kmc
Cassette zitto Ultralight 11-34
Dtswiss 460 rim with Shimano 105 hub
The majority of components were recycled ,the scope of the build was keep the price lowest as possible
Final weight 8.6 kg for less than 1000€ (also considering the price of the stuff take from old projects)
If the bike ride as it looks I will change the wheels whit a carbon pair,maybe elite edge or boty or scribe (looking for inner rim wider then 20mm)

P.s. the handlebar tape will be changed with a black one

« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 09:49:22 AM by gabbia »

Serge_K

« Reply #869 on: September 27, 2024, 11:12:55 AM »
hahaha please tell me you re going to use nicer wheels than this. I dont actually like pinarello or what they stand for, but i do respect their commitment to design and what not, and your combo here is just wrong :p

Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.