Author Topic: 207 MPH on a Rocket Powered Bicycle  (Read 2668 times)

Carbon_Dude

2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

MTNRCKT

Re: 207 MPH on a Rocket Powered Bicycle
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Hey, that's me!  ;D  :P

That dude is absolutely insane. Over 200 mph on a bike is just plain scary.

cmh

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:38:05 AM »
Hey, that's me!  ;D  :P

That dude is absolutely insane. Over 200 mph on a bike is just plain scary.

Not just that.  It's a standard single crown suspension fork. It's got rim brakes.  The wheels look to be standard 32 spoke models.  Maybe 36 spokes, the photos make it hard to see, but I doubt it'd make a big difference.  But the big thing - car tires are speed rated because of the stresses and temperatures seen at high speed. I can't imagine many standard bike tires would last very long at 100mph, much less 200mph. Granted, it's not going that fast for that long, but ... it just seems like some guys who know rockets really well and bikes not so well got together and decided to do something reaaaaally dumb.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »
Not just that.  It's a standard single crown suspension fork. It's got rim brakes.  The wheels look to be standard 32 spoke models.  Maybe 36 spokes, the photos make it hard to see, but I doubt it'd make a big difference.  But the big thing - car tires are speed rated because of the stresses and temperatures seen at high speed. I can't imagine many standard bike tires would last very long at 100mph, much less 200mph. Granted, it's not going that fast for that long, but ... it just seems like some guys who know rockets really well and bikes not so well got together and decided to do something reaaaaally dumb.

Haha.. Yes, my thoughts exactly! That bike doesn't exactly look as if it's been beefed up and reinforced for 200 mph speeds.. Literally a rocket attached to a bicycle. Hahaha.. Pretty awesome, but yes.. very dumb