Author Topic: LCFS 958 update. Problems  (Read 1270 times)

dolemike

LCFS 958 update. Problems
« on: January 25, 2022, 09:16:25 AM »
Hi All,

Finally built up my 958. I have ridden it twice. The bushings in the rear linkage keep falling out. There is too much space between the frame and the rear triangle. There are no bearings as described by the lightcarbon website.

I have reached out to lightcarbon and they have at least been replying. Hopefully they will resolve the matter. I am concerned that my frame has been compromised from bouncing around on the bolt.

Anyone else have this issue?

Akerman

Re: LCFS 958 update. Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 02:56:47 PM »
It is not clearly visible in the pics, but it seems the black alu spacers might have pushed the bearings too far into the rear linkage. The spacer tube between the bearings seems to be missing, so tightening the bolt will push the bearings in and deform the frame.
I think you will need a new rear triangle as the bearing seats have been pushed inwards. Check your frame carefully at the inside for cracks resulting from the deformation.

dolemike

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 11:44:47 PM »
There were no bearings, and there was not a spacer tube. Wendy, from Light Carbon, sent me the parts. She said that someone may have forgot to put them in. I am concerned that my frame is compromised.

JimLee

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 04:40:46 AM »
sorry for our mistake, now what's about your frame?
Jim Lee from Lightcarbon,