Author Topic: Onirii M2 and M4 hydraulic disc brakes  (Read 10097 times)

Stijn 23

Re: Onirii M2 and M4 hydraulic disc brakes
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2023, 12:02:39 AM »
Some feedback after using the brakes for a while. Did around 400km with them now and I'm very pleased. Packaging was very good. Some things to look out for: bolt that keeps your pads in place is strange dimension of torx. Combined with loctite or paint, the bolt was very tight when delivered, that made that I almost completely stripped 1 bolt when trying to swap my pads. Ordered some gold titanium bolts to replace anyway, so not that big of an issue. Same thing applies for the bolt that clamps down the brake on the handlebars. The clamp to hold the brake lever can be installed without removing your grips but it is a narrow fit. Installing is pretty straight forward. Lines are filled. Rear brake is not assembled but has plug in it so easy to install. I needed an extra hand to mount the clamp and the lever. You need to hold the leverhousing in place, hold and push together the clamp and then put the bolt through. So for that step I needed 5min assistance. On the rear the caliper is completely outward and touching my frame. The disc rubs just a bit in the beginning. This means that 1 side doens't move all that much. But I guess this is frame specific (Bergamont revox team) because I had the same thing with the sram brakes.

Now over to my findings of performance: They are way better than my sram Level TLM/ULT. Didn't swap my lightweight rotors to compare and it's a world of difference. The lever travel is easy to set so my short fingers can reach the levers. They are very snappy when releasing. They have a lot of stopping always. Did rides in dry and very wet/muddy situations and they never failed or gave the impression that they lacked power. I'm very happy with these brakes because they didn't break the bank, shaved 100gr of my bike and have infinite more bite and power than my sram brakes. Will keep riding them to get a more long term view but for now it seems that I will get another set to put on my XC bike.

hebron

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2023, 03:50:09 PM »
Have any one shortened or changed hoses on the m2s?
What spares will fit (olive and insert)? Does it use shimano style ones?

abedfo

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2023, 10:54:26 AM »

I have no hard evidence but I bet they will be Shimano bh90 standard.

jefflinde

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2023, 04:09:01 PM »

I have the Zrace branded versions and yes they use the Shimano style olive and barb.

daifanshi

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2023, 11:14:31 PM »
I have no hard evidence but I bet they will be Shimano bh90 standard.

They use BH59.  Both the olive and barb are brass colored.

Fat Larry

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2023, 03:02:58 AM »
They use BH59.  Both the olive and barb are brass colored.

Only the internal diameter is different. They use the same olive. Different barb. Use bh90 for a supposed slight performance increase.

Stijn 23

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2023, 01:02:01 AM »
Hi all, just wanted to share my experience (again) on these brakes. Still on my rigid hardtail/gravel bike and loving them. Absolutely no loss of power or any other signs of fatigue after using them for quite some time now.

Last week I installed them on my XC bike aswell as on my fathers. Already the 3rd set of sram level TLM's we're trowing of the bikes to replace by these chinese brakes. The difference is huge. I now can actually stop when I want  ;D

On my rigid bike (size S) the rear brake caliper touched very slightly on my rear triangle frame. I don't have this on my XC bike (same frame but size M). So I guess that normal build people will have no issue installing them.

Will keep you guys updated if anything should break or happen. No news is good news  8)

bremerradkurier

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2023, 02:14:32 PM »

Silverado123

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2023, 08:50:24 PM »
The name was changed to Lewis and l must say they look rad from promos in Insta. Clones of Trickstuff and hopefully they'll have their power too. The silver looks fantastic