Author Topic: Looking for an aero frame with a round seatpost  (Read 901 times)

noodleshop

Looking for an aero frame with a round seatpost
« on: June 02, 2022, 02:25:28 AM »
Hey everyone,

My question as in the title above. Appreciate all recommendations from you all! Cheers!

StiffWeenies

Re: Looking for an aero frame with a round seatpost
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 02:52:01 AM »
I’d love something like this too. But I feel that you’d be limited to aero all-rounder frames like the BXT detailed in another thread. The only round seatpost true aero frames I can think of are two rather outdated and obscure boutique offerings in the Gram Atto and Velocite Syn.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 10:59:47 AM by StiffWeenies »

patliean1

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 09:21:32 AM »
Practicality aside, an aero frame with a traditional round seatpost wouldn't make much sense if the goal is aero.

Keep in mind the majority of aerodynamic gains come from wheels, the particular clothing choice, and having an aero position on the bike.

I can understand the rationale of wanting a traditional seatpost. Dealing with proprietary components and potential seatpost slipping issues can be annoying. Seems like the only frames these days with a round seatpost are lightweight climbing frames.

A really good middle ground would be pairing deeper section wheels with something like an Elves Vanyar, VB-177, or a Winsapace SLC.

RDY

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 07:52:15 PM »
I'd be surprised if they don't make a comeback.  The industry is gearing up to push droppers for road. Tbh I'd welcome it .... descents are frighteningly steep here. 

noodleshop

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 03:42:24 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, will look into them!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 03:44:19 AM by noodleshop »

jfcb

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 04:17:47 AM »
I noticed Yishun has two potential frames for you (R066-D and R096-D). You could check with them.
I do agree that the main drag reductions can be achieved through position, clothing wheels...rather then the frame. The seatpost probably does not has that much benefit. At that point, the flow is most likely to be turbulent already.