Author Topic: Women Hardtail with Carbon-Fork  (Read 735 times)

timjen

Women Hardtail with Carbon-Fork
« on: June 19, 2022, 07:29:27 AM »
Hi all,

my wife isn't happy with her BMC Fourstroke, so I am going to build up a light "beach-racer" / Gravel-Hardtail-MTB for her.

Any suggestions where I can frame and fork? Found the Velobuild 095b, but don't know if that is what I want.

Would be thankful for any help.

Best wishes

carbonazza

Re: Women Hardtail with Carbon-Fork
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 11:52:10 PM »
Did you check the Carbonda 707 and 696 frames?
Never had any quality issue, the paint is great as well as their service.
You can contact Wing (at) carbonda.com

federic000

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 02:39:38 PM »
Hi all,

my wife isn't happy with her BMC Fourstroke, so I am going to build up a light "beach-racer" / Gravel-Hardtail-MTB for her.

I would rather get a new wife instead of swapping a fourstroke!  ;D ;D

timjen

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 04:48:08 AM »
I would rather get a new wife instead of swapping a fourstroke!  ;D ;D

It's a 2017 modell - the new one is much nicer imo.
Its more about my with doesn't like rougher trails - most of our time we are riding gravel-like surfaces. Personally I switch my SID to a carbon fork in my BMC Teamelite within 15 Minutes and don't feel the need for another (gravel) bike. But I don't think my wife will be happy on trails.

So - best thing would be to sell the fourstroke and build a new bike - but as mentioned, a 29er with a flat bar, 2-2.2 tires and a carbon-fork would be nice.

Any other suggestions?

Pedaldancer

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 02:40:32 PM »
+1 for Carbonda 696 or 707.
Although supposed to be Gravel frames, I've seen some flatbar builds. The 707 is rather long frame, so this should work quite nice when you combine it with a longer stem, e.g. 100mm or something in that range.
Or you could go for a hardtail mtb frame...i think Carbonda also sells single forks, but don't know if they fit to the mtb frame.
I ride a 505 as Gravel and I hit so many deep and painful potholes on the streets, quite some impact for the fork.
I had to put the fork out several times, and each time i checked the fork.. it's absolutely fine, nothing visible. That gives me a good feeling about the strength of the frame.