Author Topic: Frames without full internal headset routing?  (Read 458 times)

dshot

Frames without full internal headset routing?
« on: June 25, 2022, 11:35:33 PM »
What are the best options for a frame without full internal headset routing? Looks like all the latest models follow this headset integration trend. I like the aero aesthetic, but I'm used to partly disassembling bikes for packing in my traveling case, and it doesn't work with full integration. I am looking for a modern-looking endurance bike with clearance for 28mm tires and cable ports on the frame. Cfr 1056 ticks most boxes but are there other options from reputable brands? Something with a lesser sloping, a bit more horizontal top tube then 1056?

Pedaldancer

Re: Frames without full internal headset routing?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 07:47:44 AM »
You can use any fully integrated frame just the usual way.
There is only one important thing: you need to take a headset, where the top dust cap has an opening to enter the hoses. Carbonda is selling that and you can find that also from e.g.  FSA.
Of course you can't use the fully internal handlebar/ stem then, you can just use the common ones. This gives you also more freedom for stem and handlebar choice.

This could be the right headset from fsa  (i am not completely sure, but it looks decent) https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/prodotti_1/headset-spares/no-69-srs

The next build I will do is probably this style  ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 07:56:09 AM by Pedaldancer »