Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame

<< < (21/22) > >>

Daviddavieboy:

--- Quote from: lantz on June 23, 2024, 03:46:29 PM ---I used a small file to clean up the threads on the last frame I ordered, but without an actual thread tapper or something, wondering if there's a better technique.

--- End quote ---

I cleaned them up as best I could and borrowed a proper tap. I have also read that freezing the cups can make the install easier as well.

lantz:

--- Quote from: Daviddavieboy on June 23, 2024, 04:54:15 PM --- I cleaned them up as best I could and borrowed a proper tap. I have also read that freezing the cups can make the install easier as well.

--- End quote ---

I've never heard that, care to elaborate a bit more? What would you freeze, the BB cups? Curious.

Daviddavieboy:

--- Quote from: lantz on June 23, 2024, 06:35:31 PM ---I've never heard that, care to elaborate a bit more? What would you freeze, the BB cups? Curious.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the cups. Makes them a contract a little making threading a easier. I do the opposite (heating) when installing bearings in cups.

lantz:

--- Quote from: Daviddavieboy on June 23, 2024, 04:24:33 AM ---Bought from the same store a couple months ago. The only problems I had were wrong bolts for the front mech hangar, the threads on the BB had to be chased as the shells would not thread in very far and the rear hangar bent on a mild strike but one was ordered from elsewhere on AliExpress as Surprise store was no help at all.

Price was great and shipping was surprisingly fast. I found the large I ordered was a little too long in the reach but compensated with a 80mm stem. FWIW I am 6' tall. It rides very well and quite fast for what it is.

--- End quote ---

How fast was surprisingly fast? I’ve got 28 items shipped, 2 waiting… let’s check!

Damnit, two pretty essential parts haha.

Daviddavieboy:

--- Quote from: lantz on June 28, 2024, 02:13:20 PM ---How fast was surprisingly fast? I’ve got 28 items shipped, 2 waiting… let’s check!

Damnit, two pretty essential parts haha.

--- End quote ---

Frame was 13 days and my Elitewheel order was just short of 2 months. I was getting nervous because they asked twice to extend delivery time but they eventually did come. VERY happy with the wheels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version