Author Topic: Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame  (Read 19221 times)

Tijoe

Re: Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2023, 01:41:04 PM »
I’m doing a build with this frame and have a possible issue with the T47 BB being very tight. I’ve never worked with this style, so I’m not sure what to expect. It gets hand tight after a couple threads and then really starts to get snug. The threads seem clean and it doesn’t seem to be cross threaded. Both sides are the same. I don’t want to get too rough with it and bind or break something. Any ideas?
I've run into this problem several times.  These days, every frame I purchase from Alixpress, I wash out the bottom bracket threads using soapy water and a stiff nylon brush.  Then I blow-dry the threads with a compressed air nozzle.   All it takes is one small piece of metal in the threads to start the binding/cross-threading of a thread.   
I spent about 2 hours one time on a threaded bottom bracket thread with a magnifying glass and a fine metal pick carefully restoring a thread where I had messed up the thread due to a fine metal filing that became embedded in the bottom bracket thread. The filing messed up the crest and was stuck in the thread root.

kubackje

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2023, 09:35:28 AM »
Hi, I bought your frameset via Aliexpress. Looks really nice. Can't wait for build and firs ride.

What is the max size of chainring for 1x drivetrains?

So did u get your answer? I would like to fit 44t chainring with senicx gr2 crankset. You think it will fit?

tsneidin

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2023, 07:48:37 PM »
Attached image shows 6mm gap between frame chainstay and 42t chainring. I don’t know if 44 would fit for sure but I suspect it would.

hahel

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2023, 04:27:24 AM »
I've put down a order on this frame during the 11.11 sales, do any one know if there is a directmount compatible RD-hanger available for this frameset?

hahel

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2024, 01:05:25 PM »
Took delivery of my frameset today, bought from Ceccotti
Size XL, T-red
On a visual inspection it looks good, good paint job, no loose fibres in headset area and bearing seats looks clean. I'll see how it builds up.

Some weights:
Handlebar: 349gr
Fork:410gr
Seatpost: 196gr
Frame: 1190gr without seatpost hardware
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 01:19:11 PM by hahel »

jcr

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2024, 10:36:21 AM »
Anyone else have any reviews on feedback on this frame or the equivalent? Any headset problems?

The Ceccotti doesn't use the C shape washer from the pictures I have seen in their store?

Tijoe

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2024, 06:52:33 PM »
I am wondering why so many of the carbon gravel frames weight over 1KG these days.   I don't get excited about a gravel frame unless it weighs less than 1000 grams. Plus, so many forks these days weight over 400 grams.

I like this frame, but is seems so heavy....

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2024, 05:42:29 AM »
I am wondering why so many of the carbon gravel frames weight over 1KG these days.   I don't get excited about a gravel frame unless it weighs less than 1000 grams. Plus, so many forks these days weight over 400 grams.

They probably don't want to take any risk and just overbuild it...

ENEP

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2024, 03:48:54 AM »

Many gravel frames are made to handle the higher loads of riding gravel and off-road. Also with mountings for fenders, bags, racks etc. put in to the equation combined with off-road use I think it's kinda fair that they weigh over 1kg theese days. If chasing grams, there are lightweight options like Spec. Crux, 825gr for a painted size 56 but that costs €3500 for a frameset here in Sweden.

mirphak

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2024, 01:14:37 PM »

If you can find ANY gravel frame of less than 1 kg let me know. I have never seen one from the far east. Even the yoneleo G21 or whatever it is called that premiumly-priced brand weights around 1.3 kg in medium sizes and around 440 g the fork. So they basically weight all more or less the same. 

electrolux

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2024, 04:35:49 PM »
I would be worried if I saw a chiner gravel for less than a a KG. They all hover around around the 1.2kg mark probably for good reason

BruceJR

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2024, 10:20:44 PM »
I hesitate to call this a 'Chiner' bike since it's a Chinese brand name bike but it's less than 1kg and very lustworthy. I wish someone would come out with an open mold version.
https://www.pandapodium.cc/product/voicevelo-g-major-disc-brake-gravel-frameset/

mirphak

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2024, 08:49:30 AM »
Nice frame, but the stack is so low. It is a pity chinese manufacturers only aim for such low stack bikes nowadays. It really pulls me off the market ...

Sakizashi

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2024, 11:30:42 AM »
Just based on numbers on the geometry chart alone, I am a huge fan of the Voice Velo. This is another bike I would buy but wont because of overlap and the budget being eaten by custom ti bikes. I also think if the seatpost, routing and stem are nice enough its actually not a terrible price if the quality and the weight specs hold up to the press. The issue is lack of service and brand presence, but UDH and round seatpost take care of a good number of those problems.

Nice frame, but the stack is so low. It is a pity chinese manufacturers only aim for such low stack bikes nowadays. It really pulls me off the market ...

This is pushing me towards Chinese bikes. As a smaller rider I barely fit on most brand's race bikes without needing to size down to the smallest size because the stacks have gotten so tall. On gravel bikes its darn near impossible with most brands. I think there has been an interesting effect with the rise of youtubers and youtube fitters and some of their obsessions with saddle to bar drop at the cost of reduced reach causing people to size down. I see guys over 5'11" to 6ft tall on the same size bikes the pro women are racing on at 5'4" but with a stack of spacers and a 140mm stem. Meanwhile short guys like me needed the -12 degree 110mm stem slammed to fit on the SL7 and it was the only major bike brand bike that I could fit on at a size 52 because it was the only one that regular customers could get the pro level stem for. I ended up going the chinese Ti route in the long term for my road bike instead, but I am in the middle of surveyed proportions for a male of my height with "above average" hip mobility. Nothing crazy just 5'6" / 169cm.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 11:39:50 AM by Sakizashi »

mirphak

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2024, 04:50:23 PM »
Ok, for me it is quite the opposite. I had to go custom because I find the head tube lengths way to small, and I could basically just use the tallest endurance frames (Canyon Endurance CF7, Specialized Roubaix, etc) comfortably. With the tallest chinese ones I have to use like 5cm spacers under my stem, otherwise the saddle-to-handlebar drop quickly goes over 10cm and it is too damn uncomfortable for long routes. My custom has a top tube of 54 cm, but then 175mm head tube and 600mm stack.

175cm tall here, but with 86cm inseam.