Author Topic: ZTTO XDR cassette  (Read 2224 times)

Jwzard

ZTTO XDR cassette
« on: July 06, 2022, 11:18:33 AM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:01:55 AM by Jwzard »

Jwzard

Re: ZTTO XDR cassette
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 01:03:27 AM »
Changed the link, does it work now?

Ye they almost seems too good, wonder if they last....

uraberg

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 05:59:34 AM »
I can't speak to these road cassettes, but I bought a wide range MTB cassette specifically for the weight, and it skips in the smallest cogs. They keep offering to replace it, but at some point, what's the point? I also broke a tooth off the largest recently.

Jwzard

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 12:26:56 AM »
I can't speak to these road cassettes, but I bought a wide range MTB cassette specifically for the weight, and it skips in the smallest cogs. They keep offering to replace it, but at some point, what's the point? I also broke a tooth off the largest recently.

Was this recently? I've read about people having these problems a few years ago but that the quality has improved.

Avalius

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 08:51:43 AM »
Has anyone here tested the Ztto 12 speed xdr cassettes on a road bike? Want to order one but don't want to end up with a bad one

kbike

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 08:00:36 AM »
I have a 9-50 and 10-36. Haven't used them yet. They are for 1x12 I'm changing a bike from 2x11.  I have no clue if they are good or bad.

Tijoe

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 10:41:32 AM »
I have one of the ZTTO 10-50 cassettes in MS on my latest hardail build.   It works well on the test stand, but I am waiting until the snow melts to test ride the bike.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803914226168.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.223.1eb11802FW3R9T&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Avalius

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 08:35:04 AM »
Reading mixed reviews on "that" chinese website. Ranging from bad spacing, broken cogs and other are praising it to heaven.
Damn, if it wasn't +-100 dollar I would give it a try.

Jim.de

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2023, 03:07:34 PM »
I had the 12s 10-36T XDR Cassette and I couldn´t use it. When tightening it was pushing on to the end cap and it would not turn anymore. Don´t know if it was because of my specific end cap (Newmen Gen 1).

Went back to Rival.

carbonazza

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 12:22:25 PM »
I had the 12s 10-36T XDR Cassette and I couldn´t use it. When tightening it was pushing on to the end cap and it would not turn anymore. Don´t know if it was because of my specific end cap (Newmen Gen 1).

Went back to Rival.

Did you contact the ZTTO official store by the Aliexpress app?
They usually respond.

volan

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 11:20:32 AM »
I took the bait and ordered one oil slick 9-50 xd cassette. Will give my review after it arrives and I test it. I read alot of mixed reviews on this one. Hoping good percentage of complaints come from people who are not skilled with fiddling with rd settings :)

dsveddy

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 03:24:23 PM »
I've ordered a ZTTO 10-speed 1-piece cassette in 11-46 for my cross bike. It was an SROAD cassette (like, even came in the SROAD packaging) with a ZTTO lockring on it.

Anyways. Teeth are super narrow, and the splines fit VERY tight, but the thing weighs about as much as advertised, and shifts very nicely! Before getting it, I was having a ton of trouble getting my 11-28 Red cassette to shift into the smallest cog. No more problems with that. Probably had more to do with the fact that the new cassette actually had a range that the SRAM 1x drivetrain was designed around, but I digress. I can highly recommend.

volan

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2023, 06:01:28 PM »
Just to correct myself and update on ztto 9-50 pro ult XD cassette.

It's not xdr, it's xd, obviously. Appologies. But since I'm here already, I'll just note that I had issues with rear wheel locking on the freehub with the XD freehub body for P3 Boost hubs from ZTTO. It simply wouldn't coast but pedals would turn as well. Good thing, however, is that I solved that problem by adding small shim over the axle, on the hub (sandwiched between freehub and hub itself. It's a small shim I dont even know where it was in the first place. I think I had it on my dt 350 rear hub that I have laying aroung.

Same p3 ztto hub wasn't having those issues with MS cassette/freehub.

Cassette itself isn't as smooth as Shimano. BUT, it does shift with acceptable precision. No too much unwanted noise. I still need to test it in driving conditions (i configured it on a bike stand for now) and will be reporting here. Bottom line: it can be configured pretty darn well, it is almost as light as XTR and it really does prevent chain from falling while back pedaling on 1st cog.

Im hoping it will serve me for couple of k's of km's happily :)