Author Topic: New Lexon spirit  (Read 14177 times)

dan_cx

Re: New Lexon "spark"
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 01:16:03 PM »
Should change the title to Lexon Spirit or half the thread will be about the Lexon Spark.
I definitely agree with this. There's plenty of Spark clones & other "Spark" named bikes/frames listed here already, so why add to the confusion.
SRAM Neutral Race Support Mechanic

Sdp74

Re: New Lexon spirit
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 02:14:36 PM »
I have tried to change the title, but it seems that it is only changed in my initial post.

emu26

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 05:11:35 PM »
I have tried to change the title, but it seems that it is only changed in my initial post.

I see it as "New Lexon Spirit"  on the thread listing page, on the title of the thread and also in your first post. Maybe one of the mods changed the topic for you but it looks ok at this end.

scourge

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 06:26:07 PM »
This frame looks great. I may be in when a longer travel version comes out.

Silverado123

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2022, 09:01:56 PM »
The more I see the new Scott Spark under riders snd being ridden the more I like the frame design. I was not a fan initially but it's growing on me.

RDY

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2022, 03:28:43 PM »
The more I see the new Scott Spark under riders snd being ridden the more I like the frame design. I was not a fan initially but it's growing on me.

Remember to keep in mind that this is a huge amount of money for a knockoff from a brand with a fairly mixed (putting it nicely) record.  There will be copycat type designs from names that have a better reputation, you'll know where it's made, and which have customer service (on top of being cheaper).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 03:30:33 PM by RDY »

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2022, 08:37:01 PM »
It is a lot of money for a Chinese frameset

dan_cx

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 04:04:02 PM »
Has anyone taken the leap yet?
SRAM Neutral Race Support Mechanic

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2022, 02:10:41 AM »
I wonder how the sag meter is made and how the shock absorber travel is viewed.

just as interesting how it feels in the ride compared to carbonda fm936/909

Guives

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2022, 09:23:22 PM »

To who want know, this video is from a brazilian guy who bought the frame.

nardonardo

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2022, 09:04:00 AM »
Yes I was posting the same thing. You can see a lot of questions on the comments below his video, but all in portuguese.
This guy should check geometry and check the rear travel if its really 110mm. Also the rear triangle should be analyzed in deep, stiffness seems very different from the scott's one.

Id like to give this frame a try. Who's with me.

RDY

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2022, 11:45:08 AM »

Id like to give this frame a try. Who's with me.

I think you'd have to be crazy given the great Chinese options on the market, with proven designs, performance and build quality, for much lower prices, and without the Lexon cloud hanging over them.

As I said before, there will be other Scott Spark '23 clones / inspired-by frames, from better sellers with a more transparent OEM (Lexon just claim they make and design everything - they certainly don't).

emu26

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2022, 03:17:28 PM »
For those that can't see the video, quote the post.  The youtube address will show up in the text, copy and paste that into the "address" bar in a new tab, hit enter.

Tijoe

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2022, 05:30:08 PM »
Has anyone purchased a Lexon Spirit, built it and ride it in the past month?

Looking at the specifications between the 2 bikes,  I am wondering how much the Deluxe RLC3 shock will handle versus the Nude shock that comes in the Scott.  Perhaps if one installs the Nude shock and levers, the Spirit would handle the same, plus one could access the shock's pressure stem to add air without having to remove the shock. 

I don't see the 52/52 head set on the Spirit having the same adjustable HT angle feature like the Scott.  I presume this capability could be added.

Besides these differences, it is tempting to purchase one, except first,  it would be nice to get input from someone who is actually riding one.

vtsteevo

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2022, 12:41:23 PM »
I think you'd have to be crazy given the great Chinese options on the market, with proven designs, performance and build quality, for much lower prices, and without the Lexon cloud hanging over them.

As I said before, there will be other Scott Spark '23 clones / inspired-by frames, from better sellers with a more transparent OEM (Lexon just claim they make and design everything - they certainly don't).

RDY, what would you recommend for 120-130  rear travel? I am browsing up and down the forum (new to this) and unsure of quality.. thanks.