Author Topic: WheelTop EDX OS Series Wireless MTB Drivetrain  (Read 5685 times)

Sriracha

Re: WheelTop EDX OS Series Wireless MTB Drivetrain
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2023, 05:22:53 AM »
Can you please post the link to the latest version of the application for Android.

you got it.
I did installed and work well.

http://121.196.97.253/api/app/others/app/download?packageName=com.wheeltop.ride

I plan to switch back to 10 speed soon, as the lightweight 11-50 is available in 10 speed.
Normally I ride Enduro trail, so no need 12 speed, but I need good range

Kong 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 10:36:57 PM by Sriracha »

Tijoe

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2023, 09:57:35 AM »
you got it.
I did installed and work well.

I plan to switch back to 10 speed soon, as the lightweight 11-50 is available in 10 speed.
Normally I ride Enduro trail, so no need 12 speed, but I need good range

Kong

The link?

Sriracha

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2023, 10:39:34 PM »

Tijoe

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2023, 10:40:54 PM »
FYI.  The android version of the Wheeltop App that Sriracha has works properly, versus the version that the sellers send you a link to.  I am now a happy owner of my EDS OX derailleurs. 

Chester

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2023, 02:11:57 PM »
Stumbled upon this thread randomly one day from Google, went down a rabbit hole on aliexpress lol. Thanks all.
Wheeltop EDS, 29 carbon wheels and maxxis tires

Sriracha

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2023, 10:17:08 PM »
Stumbled upon this thread randomly one day from Google, went down a rabbit hole on aliexpress lol. Thanks all.
Sweet bike

electrolux

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2023, 05:08:24 AM »
This whole forum is a rabbit hole.  ;D

Tijoe

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2023, 06:39:20 PM »
900 mile review using the EDS OX with a removable battery.

Overall I am very pleased with the performance and battery life of this system!!!

I had one strange thing happen, and then one other issue I need to look into.

1.  Before a multi-day ride, I left the bike sitting for 2 weeks with almost a fully charged battery.  Tried to ride the bike and it wouldn't shift.  Battery was drained.  Swapped battery and it started shifting properly.   (Makes me wonder if one will need to keep the new model fixed batter version, hooked up to its charger when the bike is sitting there.)

2.  I decided to ride a 800K/500 mile bike-packing trip with 9000M/30K+ feet of rolling-hill climbing.   Seemed like almost continuous shifting non-stop for 12 hours a day.
I was pleased to find that the battery lasted 3 days, before I decided to swap it out and install a fresh charged one. 

3. After about 3 hundred miles, the derailleur stopped shifting crisply between several of the gears.  (The bike suffered through rain, mud, dust, and a lot of non-stop shifting and it was working on a 53+ pound loaded-up bike.)
I still haven't looked into why it stopped shifting a few single cog/gears.  I am thinking that I need to tune/adjust it by one or two pushes of the button in teach mode.   Since I haven't looked into it in detail, it could also be a cassette issue. Shimano XT Cassette has about 4K miles on it with little cleaning.

Sriracha

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2023, 02:02:21 AM »
Wow that's intense.
Mine just charged once after purchase. My ride is most likely Enduro